Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A vacation and fishing at Big Bear Lake and Jenks Lake...):}+{:(...

Quote Originally Posted by Troutcz swimbait View Post
    The catfish bite slowed down at SFD so now just hiting up the pay lakes and pre fishing Guasti for there derby Sat.
    Hah, that's why..... You guys are hunting for the 'big boy's. Good luck to you and Paul at the Saturday derby!

Quote Originally Posted by Carptain_Bao View Post
    Epic, glad to hear you had a great vacation with some fish action! The BBL trout looks beautiful!
    Thanks Bao! Indeed, we enjoyed it, and I was lucky to see a couple of big trout caught that day. All full tail and good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnfun View Post
    No more pie! *Forget it. *I don't need to see you at Pudd....lol. *My new rod worked well. *Will love to see your new rod the next time we're together. *Looking out my window, looks like rain. *Maybe no fishing this week.

P.S. *Love your fur hooded Eskimo look.
    Ha, ha.... Ok, about the rod, you have fancier rods than I do these days. See how I got you in trouble with my cheap but lucky Chinese Tenkara rod? I let you try it once, then got you hooked on Tenkara, now even turned you into a Tenkara rod collector. Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Your reports are always interesting and gives me the itch to do some mountain fishing..Thanks for sharing the information and keep those reports coming
    Mr T-rex, thank you for your great comment on my reports! Good to know you enjoyed your read.
    Last edited by The Fishing Queen; 11-29-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Great photo essay Alice. That one larger trout you cleaned looked like it had PINK MEAT. Those are the best eating from BBL. Have a Salmon taste. Nice Glass waters at big bear in the morning. I really want to go there next spring for some shore TENKARA fishing. But the winds are so sporadic there.

Good to hear from you Chuck! Mike told me that you three fly fishermen had met for fishing one day. So I asked Mike: "How is Chuck doing." He answered me:"oh, you know him, same ol Chucky, doesn't talk much". Lol..... Anyways, nice to know you are back for some fishing. I don't know how often I can fish next year, have some plans in mind for early next year for some art projects and I'm going to take some music courses and may also travel overseas in the summer and stay for a few months..... I haven't fished that much these days, only one or two days a week. I miss when we all had time and met fishing almost every day....

Someone told me that the trout eat freshwater shrimp in BBL and that's why the meat is pink or orange. I don't know if there are any freshwater shrimp in BBL for trout to eat, but I think these are holdovers because of their full tails. It might have eaten natural food for a while and that's where got its color. They had good tasty meat..... Too windy and cold for fly fishing up there. My hands were dry and cracked from the cold, so I switched to spinning rods. It also give a break for my poor old shoulder, it seems almost 95% recovered now. Can't wait for the water level raise, so we can go back to wildwood fishing again.

See you, and take care!

Your post is awesome. I reread the whole thing for the 2nd time. Love fish from BBL. You all are right. The pink meat is awesome. My kids want to go back up there!

For those of you who haven't hit the Himalayan yet, it is great. I showed my son the pic of the food that was posted and said, "I miss that food. We gotta go up during vacation, eat and fish!

Thanks FQ for the great report!

Thank you Troutin Man for your reply! Glad to know to you also enjoy the food at Himalayan. My favorite dish is the Lamb Saag - lamb cooked with a spinach cream sauce and spices. I also like the Lamb Masala and Tandoori Chicken. My favorite drinks are Masala Tea or Mango Lassi....

Good luck to you guys if you go fishing there, and enjoy your meal if you go to that restaurant!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123