Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anaheim 10+ class fish friday!

Default Anaheim 10+ class fish friday!

Basically they opened the gates at 4:00 crazy huh... i was fist tuber in the water, i camped the line....Bunch of gangsters rolled in line behind me and started blaring music till 2 am :(.... disrespectful. Overall me and my buddy landed 5 fish over 8 pounds fishing the spillway, including a 13 pounder and 11 pounder. there was soo much weight on the metal clip stringer and the fish were so alive they bent the metal hook and all got away :( very fun morning! forgot my neoprene waders and used my plastic velvet ones and almost got hypothermia LOL. over all caught 23 trout by 2:00 pm. was a lot slower than recent trips just had to work harder. There were a few people fishing there but had no clue what they were doing, using mice tails and 4 pound test, the bigger trout didnt want anything to do with their line and bait. the fog was extremely thick ( best trout fishing conditions) but it burnt off faster than i have ever seen, the bite slowed a lot after that but i managed to keep getting fish by changing jig colors and sizes... every1 would use the same color me and my buddy when they see us catching fish, the trout began to turn their nose to those colors, so we kept switching to darker natural colors. also around 12:00 i began to fish the lower water column which began to produce a few fish. all in all was a great day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jig Master View Post
    Basically they opened the gates at 4:00 crazy huh... i was fist tuber in the water, i camped the line....Bunch of gangsters rolled in line behind me and started blaring music till 2 am :(.... disrespectful. Overall me and my buddy landed 5 fish over 8 pounds fishing the spillway, including a 13 pounder and 11 pounder. there was soo much weight on the metal clip stringer and the fish were so alive they bent the metal hook and all got away :( very fun morning! forgot my neoprene waders and used my plastic velvet ones and almost got hypothermia LOL. over all caught 23 trout by 2:00 pm. was a lot slower than recent trips just had to work harder. There were a few people fishing there but had no clue what they were doing, using mice tails and 4 pound test, the bigger trout didnt want anything to do with their line and bait. the fog was extremely thick ( best trout fishing conditions) but it burnt off faster than i have ever seen, the bite slowed a lot after that but i managed to keep getting fish by changing jig colors and sizes... every1 would use the same color me and my buddy when they see us catching fish, the trout began to turn their nose to those colors, so we kept switching to darker natural colors. also around 12:00 i began to fish the lower water column which began to produce a few fish. all in all was a great day!!!
    Limit is 5 bro....

But nonetheless, good job.

yes what is wrong with these people...i caught my 5 and was on my way home at 11 oclock with one 11lbr...these guys screw it up for the rest of us...the limet is 5 dude

ok well 4:00 no i was the first truck in like at anahiem it was 5:30 and we were the first ones at the spillway we watched all the float tubers the only big fish was a 10 pound fish by some kid and 23 fish i dont think everyone combined at that lake caught 23 fish it was so dead....

5 fish over 8 sounds great. I have had some pretty large stringers and have never had the metal clips fail on me. Did u get a chance to take any pics before they got away??

Ya just doesn't sound right that you caught all those fish and they all just happen to be lost on a metal stringer lol calm on man I'd Ur gunna feed us a fishing story don't get to crazy haha and I wonder no pics I mean I've had hot days but never 20+ fish and 5+ over 8 pounds

although i dont like the catch and release this guy jig master did have that many fish. i was fishing next to him on my float tube and watched him slay fish after fish. last week there was this group of guys that were catching every other cast. and about his metal clip failing on him i was there too, i went to grab my basket with my fish and his stringer was gone. he had 4 8 plus pounders on his stringer. dont worry jig master i got you

thanks bro, although i do feel bad about killing one fish, i did happen to give it to this couple next to me to my left who were more than happy to have them, also catch and release is very healthy for the fisheries, i did not keep one fish i gave the bigger ones away to my buddy who only kept 5 but stringer was lost. the fish feed within 18-36 hours after being caught. i can prove this because i have captive wild rainbow trout in a 100 gallon tank, they ate the next day after being caught. also i dont lie, thanks for getting my back bro :) tooo many haters out there. also, y'all fishing from shore and not on a tube, dont complain about people having a great time fishing. get a tube and get out there i would be more than happy to guide people to catch more fish! its supposed to be fun :) also blakeb, 20+ fish isnt too rare for me, if i dont catch 10 or more trout then its a bad day for me....so sorry you havnt experienced these yeilds :)

Well wow, that's all i can say to this post lmfao

I'm so confused? You have a very strange definition of C&R (give them away and it still counts as C&R?), don't worry that C&R is not allowed there, oh and catching fish and releasing them is healthy for fish?????

You will make a fine politician!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast