Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Taboose Creek 10/22-10/24

Default Taboose Creek 10/22-10/24

After getting our butts handed to us on the mountain (Big Pine Lakes) we camped out at Taboose Creek to salvage the rest of our trip. I couldn't just head home with my tail between my legs after 1 day of my 4 day vaca. So we were extremely under prepared to do this kind of camping. We kept our camp supplies simple, light weight, minimal for the backpacking trip we were expecting. So we had no luxury items ie. chairs, cooler, beers, fire wood, ex...

The fishing was great and we had tons of fun, we both had limits every day except the last day. On the last day I managed 2 and Mike 3, we called it a day early (10:30am) since the wind really started to pick up and we had a long drive home ahead of us. I had most of my luck fishing a single salmon egg on a size 8 mosquito hook and the smallest split shot I could find about 2 feet up my main line. I tried many other methods but was quickly frustrated after losing a couple Panther Martins in the brush. I did mange 2 trout the first day on a yellow/black Panther Martin. No love on the flies, and the mini jigs just didn't get used. A couple trout were also caught on night crawlers but I didn't get the same satisfaction as I did with the salmon egs. It was real fun spotting the trout befor they spotted me and making the right cast and following the bright red egg down stream, then making the hook set just as they picked up the bait.

Taboose Creek was fun, I will have to visit it again with the family. Next time i will visit it the right way, with all the luxuries I have grown accustom to having when camping. Here are some picks

Thanks

Nice!! Never fished there before. Looks like it's worth the stop.

Thanks for the cool report and great pictures. I am glad you had a good time and caught some nice fish.

nice looking brown...