Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVL Sat. 11-17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DVL Sat. 11-17

Went to DVL on Saturday hoping to get on that striper bite, but they weren’t boiling anywhere. Got one in middle of lake as we crossed, saw a boil and threw a spook. But after that we saw no other good boilers, just one fish here and there - not what we were looking for. What I did see was the puff puff birds working the bait all over the lake, but there were no fish working with them, we saw no boils around those birds, tried tailspins also under those birds too?? Any ideas what happened to the striper bite on Saturday. I would have thought with the cloud cover most of the day, the stripers would have been goin off.

Matt, I am wondering what your take is on why you think it slowed down? I heard it slowed down on Friday.

We did fish bass and ended up with about 10 fish on plastics, texas rig and c-rig. 20-40 feet on points mostly.

Hi champ we were also there on Saturday we had couple the boils are in the middle of the lake around 12-2 Hope this helps

Was also there with a buddy of mine and fishing was not good at all. We went for LMB and ended up with 1 fish. Worse part was that someone stole the lock pin on the trailer and was we backed the trailer into the water to load up the boat the trailer got disconnected and nearly fell in the water. Who does that kinda stuff? Fortunately we had a spare pin and were able to connect the trailer. Not a good day at dvl.

I was also there Sat. We did manage to find a few boils, but they left as quick as they started. I did have one blow up on my zara spook but didn't commit. Total 2 lmb's. Bite was no where to be found, didn't meter any fish either. Talked to a few other boaters that had the same kinda day as us. Still a good day though.

Don't believe the hype... Lol :)

Quote Originally Posted by BassWhisperer View Post
    True that.

Considering how quickly a bite can change in a matter of hours, I personally wouldn't be making decisions on where to fish based on reports that were put up days before.

So did they boil today? I plan on going on Saturday. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by BassWhisperer View Post
    yep.. don't believe, don't believe, don't believe the hype..... old school. Everyone has reasons for posting wide open reports whether it's to help out a business, take pressure off another lake, or just to screw with internet fishermen.

my post about boiling fish definitely brought everyone out from the woodwork. got there a little late (5:00) and was out on dominigoni. great for the lake; sucked for me.

with the amount of boat traffic on the lake, it without a doubt pushed the fish down. bass boats running wild, striper guys driving around in circles and guys trolling rooster tails around the lake didnt help the cause. conditions were right, water was right and amount of bait was right but the one variable we all forget about, boat traffic, was the killer. had it been mid week, you may have seen a different sight. they did boil throughout the day, but not out in the open like they had been. you had to be at the right place at the right time. you gotta remember, stripers are noise sensitive spooky fish. to much motor noise is a negative. jammin down the banks, i did happen to see several fish blastin bait in the coves and up against the bank. you had to be right there and be able to put a cast right on their heads.

never did throw on a boil, i was just looking for something of size as the conditions played into something special. never did get the big big one i've been hunting, but ended up with a couple decent fish.

you gotta remember, this day in age, nothing is real unless you can supply pictures or video.

fish are chewing and they're chewing well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bassss.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	38031

Not only are the schoolies active but the big boys are out also. This year the larger fish are nice and chunky, this is gona be a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by SEA ADDICTION View Post
    Not only are the schoolies active but the big boys are out also. This year the larger fish are nice and chunky, this is gona be a good year!
    i agree man. fish bulked up REAL fast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast