Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Poland

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    That's a beast! Nice fish!

Do you mind showing me that custom lure you mentioned? What is your blog's address? Feel free to send it as a message if you prefer.

I'm interested in ultralight and micro lures, do the angling shops in your area sell many of them?
    You can find my blog address in my forum profile page. Click my name and than Visit Homepage.
    Well not every time it is so easy. Some shops do, some don't. My friend from France wanted once do buy asp lures and they told him to pay 100 euros for shipping 1 lure!! I had to help him with this buying. Although there are some shops with reasonable shipping conditions. What are You interested particulary in??

Welcome to the network Jarek.....I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Charles

3. Default

Wow, these lures on your blog are neat:

How much do these lures usually cost?

I'm a big fan of small lures and would love to learn more about the ones you've posted on your blog.
    Last edited by carpanglerdude; 11-19-2012 at 06:24 PM.

welcome Jarek! Jesteśmy zadowoleni, że dołączysz do nas, ale od czytania swojej stronie, myślę, że możemy się wiele nauczyć od Ciebie! I hope Google Translate is working. Also, your English is great!

Welcome Jarek!

Fish nut from Poland? Cool deal!

I always invisioned you Euro's (no disrespect intended) as big time carp fisherman?

I love carp, my nickname is carpboy! (Don't ask)

You mentioned trout? Do you guys follow the stocking trucks too?

Does your fishing communtiy there fight over who has the best trout worm and team slogan?

Do any fellow anglers accuse anyone with big fish of using live trout for bait out of jealousy?

How's the fishing community there? Are they a band of brothers who enjoy the outdoors and love to share in the fellowship of the sport, or are they territorial foes who wish skunks upon competitors for the sake of jackassery like we have here?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Welcome Jarek!

I always invisioned you Euro's (no disrespect intended) as big time carp fisherman?

Does your fishing communtiy there fight over who has the best trout worm and team slogan?

Do any fellow anglers accuse anyone with big fish of using live trout for bait out of jealousy?

How's the fishing community there? Are they a band of brothers who enjoy the outdoors and love to share in the fellowship of the sport, or are they territorial foes who wish skunks upon competitors for the sake of jackassery like we have here?

Dayyyyaaam CB! Lots of questions. Sugared up? Too much snickers? 9:13 pm, Really?

BTW... welcome to the board. Oh... and your English is better then half the people here.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Wow, these lures on your blog are neat:

How much do these lures usually cost?

I'm a big fan of small lures and would love to learn more about the ones you've posted on your blog.
    Small lures are usually much cheeper than big ones. Those on my blog are in the range between $3 and $6 and one lure $10 (guess wich one :) )

We uese these lures especially for chub ide and trout in small streams. If You want I can find youtube movies with their action.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    welcome Jarek! Jesteśmy zadowoleni, że dołączysz do nas, ale od czytania swojej stronie, myślę, że możemy się wiele nauczyć od Ciebie! I hope Google Translate is working. Also, your English is great!
    Hey! Thank You for the welcome in polish:) Google Translator is never perfect but this time the translation is not bad :)

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Welcome Jarek!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesocean View Post
    Dayyyyaaam CB! Lots of questions. Sugared up? Too much snickers? 9:13 pm, Really?

BTW... welcome to the board. Oh... and your English is better then half the people here.
    Hi!!

Cutbait - I don't know if I understood Your post good. As far as I am familiar with english, sometimes I struggle with slang. I don't understand "stocking trucks". Is it about breeding trouts?

For the other question.
    Poland is not as big country with not many trout rivers and streams. In addition lot of them are small and shallow. Also we have a lot of anglers. Big part of them kill and eat every fish they catch. This comes from the times when there was communism in Poland and people lived different way. After 1990 things changed, but human mentality doesn't change so fast.

That is why there is a lot of so called "Special sections" on different rivers. Parts of them where you can use only barbless hook and ever fish must be released. Every one can go there, pay expensive license - up to $30 for a day and catch a lot of big trouts graylings or danube salmons. The rest of waters is open for every one who pay the district contribution (up to $50 for a year). There are some communities but they rather are concentrated on their river/stream protection - breeding trouts, cleaning the river banks chasing the poachers, etc. than fighting over the biggest fish.

Although situation is still better. Catch&Release is more common, people care abour rivers and trouts. Although we love to compete for the biggest fish, but that is rather a fight for the best photo with big fish than measuring every fish.
    It is forbidden in Poland to fish for trout with live baits. Only flyfishing and spinning is allowed. Sometimes poachers try to catch trout with worms but you can't call this fishing.
    Yeah, carp fishing is very popular in the whole Europe, but I personally like grass carp more than regular carp :) There is also some post about carp fishing on my blog if You want to read something more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grass_carp.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	38008

mikesocean - Thanks for the welcome! I didn't expect this :) I try to write correct but i thought that my english can be clumsy sometimes...Thanks for the praise anyway :)

Hey Jarek! welcome to the forum.. im pretty new to this just like you but you look like you will fit right in! everyone here is friendly for the most part and there is definitely a lot that can be learned and people dont have problems giving advice and sharing info.. just like others say were looking forward to see more posts from you and also looking forward to learning about fishing in poland! btw that carp and the catfish are monsters!!! great job! *JBfish*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast