Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Poland

Default Hi from Poland

Hi from Poland

My name is Jarek and I'm from Poland. I'd like to join your forum because I love to fishing and learning about fishing techniques, lures, etc. in other parts of the World. I want to improve my english also :) I hope it is ok for You if i join this forum, despite the fact, that I've never been to California. In exchange I'm willing to answer all your question about fishing in Poland and in the rest Europe. I personally love spinning for zander (European walleye), asp, perch, pike, trout and wells.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sum.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	37996

Jarek

Hey, Jarek,

Welcome. Is that a Wells catfish in your avatar? I'm sure many of us here would be very interested in learning about the species and techniques in your part of the world as well.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Hey, Jarek,

Welcome. Is that a Wells catfish in your avatar? I'm sure many of us here would be very interested in learning about the species and techniques in your part of the world as well.
    Hi!!
    Yes - this is Wells Catfish - the only big European catfish. Grows up to 400Lb and 120in. This one was a baby :)

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek View Post
    Hi from Poland

My name is Jarek and I'm from Poland. I'd like to join your forum because I love to fishing and learning about fishing techniques, lures, etc. in other parts of the World. I want to improve my english also :) I hope it is ok for You if i join this forum, despite the fact, that I've never been to California. In exchange I'm willing to answer all your question about fishing in Poland and in the rest Europe. I personally love spinning for zander (European walleye), asp, perch, pike, trout and wells.

Name:	sum.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	37996

Jarek

Hello Jarek,

What sort of lures do you prefer for perch in your area?

Hi Jarek, and welcome to the forum!

I fish mostly for Bass these days but still fish for Trout in our mountains every year. I will look forward to, and enjoy reading your posts regarding fishing in Poland, and Europe...

Hi Jarek!
    I love the wells catfish! I've seen them on Jeremy Wade's river monster show and was shocked by how big they can grow! Must be very nice to fish for those monsters!

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Hello Jarek,

What sort of lures do you prefer for perch in your area?
    Hi!
    It depends on spot characteristic, size of perches and how they feed at the momment.

European perch grows bigger than Yours. It's normal size is 10 - 15in. Big perch is >15in. If You are lucky You can cath a 20in one.
    My biggest perch was caught on Salmo Boxer 7cm (3in fat crankbait). Although if You want to catch a lot of middle size perches You should try a small 1 - 2 in heavy jig for example the smallest Lunker City shaker, Storm Vibrotail Jig, The smallest manns shads etc. The most effective method is small 1in Manns grub on so called "Boczny trok" rig - try to google this. I don't know your name for this rig. It is very effective, but You can catch a lot of small fishes 5 - 10in.

My favourite lure for the big ones is my self made "Kogut Lure"
    Now i should point you my blog where i describe that lure, but i don't know if you think of it like a spam or commercial.

Fell free to ask:) I will do the same for sure soon :)

Quote Originally Posted by Carptain_Bao View Post
    Hi Jarek!
    I love the wells catfish! I've seen them on Jeremy Wade's river monster show and was shocked by how big they can grow! Must be very nice to fish for those monsters!
    Yeah... The problem is that the biggest ones live in big rivers like Odra or Vistula and sometimes it is impossible to stop them without a boat.
    My biggest one for now is 80LB, but I'm still fighting:)

Name:	sum2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	37997
    Last edited by Jarek; 11-19-2012 at 10:45 AM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek View Post
    Yeah... The problem is that the biggest ones live in big rivers like Odra or Vistula and sometimes it is impossible to stop them without a boat.
    My biggest one for now is 80LB, but I'm still fighting:)

Name:	sum2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	37997
    That's a beast! Nice fish!

Do you mind showing me that custom lure you mentioned? What is your blog's address? Feel free to send it as a message if you prefer.

I'm interested in ultralight and micro lures, do the angling shops in your area sell many of them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast