Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well Z

WTF, i haven't even got my toon wet and i'm thinking modifications ?

Z

FISH ON !

lol ya i saw that picture! i like the high rise seat! just like the front of a bass boat! wiht a huge walk platform!

i think it would work as long as the seat is adjustable to youd be able to lower it to use the oars....a trolling motor would work it well but not all day.... you know what would be sweet to mount on these things...

a mount for a video camera!!!!! make my own fishing videos :lol: :lol:

That is a pretty sweet kickboat. Thing is, with the trolling motor on the back, might take a while to get used to that, using the foot control anyways. Even on the lowest setting, it's gonna move the boat quite a bit. You really need to have fins in the water or some type of control at all times with a kickboat. They turn around and drift very easily with the slightest bit of wind or current. I just try to pull my legs out of the water and put them on the rest's and the dang thing won't stay straight.

Maybe it's just the way I fish. I like to fish areas thorughly before I move on...if I think fish might be there.

Bako, If you put your oars in the water swung back next to your pontoons you can strap them to the side of your boat and they become small keels and will eliminate that problem. You can check it out on the North Fork Outdoors website and see what I'm talking about. Also with the extra wieght of a battery and motor your pontoons draft a little deeper also adding to the tracking ability as long as you keep your boat level. I can cruise mine like you wouldn't believe. It just took a little time to dial it in. Ron

yeah i hear you, ron said the same thing about control problems, so i was thinking about adding these ?

Z

FISH ON !

Hmm, I'd wanna check out someone elses boat before I did all that to mine, to see if I liked it. I'm extremely particular about my positioning in relation to the area I'm fishing. But if it worked good, that would be an awesome set-up.

as long as you keep your boat level
    I bet that takes a while to get dialed in.

Hey Z those are cool. I wonder how well they would hold up to loading and unloading and general abuse. They look like they would work well on the water. See how I haul my boat.

On my boat it's not to bad because I can move the frame fore and aft to help adjust for the load but it took a while to figure it all out. If you have a motor try the oar thing out.

Default skegs

Ron, skegs glue on so I'm not sure, i haven't even figured out how I'm going to load my toon yet in my old van ( my HD FATBOY is out of the question :rofl: ) may have to take the back seat out, not sure? i still have to go and get hardware for the seat and pick up some PVC for a rod holder, waiting around for ups to get my new TM.

I saw an auction on eBay a 4-5 weeks ago and a guy had a custom toon with TM that had a joystick control, his toon also had 2 piece's of T shape aluminum bar, centered and strapped to the bottom of each side of the pons, his description if i remember right said it was for control and as a wear guard for the toons balder cover, keep the bottom from being scraped from loading, unloading etc. , sound good to me ?

Z

FISH ON !

I don't know about having one more thing to unstrap on my boat before loading it up Z. I couldn't leave it on or it would take the paint off my truck. Go to the North Fork outdoors site and ck out the oar thing before you try any permanent change to your boat. If you added skegs to your boat it would wreck the river handling and make your toon one dimensional.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast