Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fished the Vine for Limits and had so much Fun

Default Fished the Vine for Limits and had so much Fun

Big baits got the big fish!

My Lady with her Brown trout! it was an amazing battle she had. The trout fought long and hard it had a full tail and everytime it saw the net or the boat it took another 30 feet run lol
    Last edited by XMrxSEAUx; 11-19-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Fished long and hard all down the shoreline for steady picking. Westshore got us small grade fish around 2-3 lbers and near the middle of west shore and the dam is where we got this bad girl. She is 5.25 on the Digi Scale. We used 4 lbs test and a Zip Bait in Pink / sliver / orange combo. As soon as i net this beauty the thrashing broke my line..... I should of fished 6 or 8 haha but the intense battle with the ZZZZZZZZZZ and almost getting spooled was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by XMrxSEAUx View Post
    As soon as i net this beauty the thrashing broke my line..... I should of fished 6 or 8 haha but the intense battle with the ZZZZZZZZZZ and almost getting spooled was priceless.
    if you had fished 6 or 8 you would have never hooked her in the first place lol

did u catch that trolling near dam, or just casting it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbfish View Post
    if you had fished 6 or 8 you would have never hooked her in the first place lol
    Really? I seem to catch just as big of fish using 10lb seaguar flouro as 4 or 6lb mono. Trolling line size doesn't make a difference IME, within reason.
    BTW nice toad Mr Seau!

Lol you might be right. At least for me i didnt get them on 12lbs test. My friend on the boat used 12 lbs test tatsu fishing a rapala trout and did better than me.

I Trolled near the Dam For this bad girl.. Squirted eggs everywhere on my hands haah

Nice job on that beauty !

Quote Originally Posted by OC ANGLER View Post
    Nice job on that beauty !
    Im sure there are plenty of trout out there still. I know these fish arent wild but I admire their complexion and spirit. Soon i will be able to navigate somewhere Pleasant valley area with a new car and fish the scenic streams that keeps popping up on FNN

Nice fish! I'd love to get a quality brown or brookie at Irvine this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast