Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide trip sat dan lulu slayin mr stripey in the storm at silverwood

Default Guide trip sat dan lulu slayin mr stripey in the storm at silverwood

dan had been in contact with me wanting a day of striper fishing with his wife lulu ,we had talked about couple of the other lakes ,but with the silverwood fish turning on for there fall fatten up i told him i thought it was the best chance for action. i arrived for big clouds rolling over the the mountains next to the lake and on and off again rain sprinkles ,the wind was up and down as well. after getting thru the gate i parked next to the ramp waiting for my turn to launch ,dan walked up and intruced him self ,we talked about the game plan i got the boat on the water ,they loaded there stuff ,as dan tied up some rigs for some trout jigging i moved the boat off the dock with the trolling motor. we worked the marina area for about an hour or so we had trout busting the surface and dan got some hook ups but got shook off , i had him doing something he hadnt done before ,so he was doing good just drawing the strikes with it being nearly dark as night first thing in the morning. so after a while i told dan let me know when youre ready to go find mr stripey ,it wasnt long and dan said lets go get them. we put up the trout rods and started the search, it wasnt long and we were getting hit but not strikes werent getting hooked up ,so i slowed the boat but we kept getting short hit . so we pushed on we got to another area and found lots of bait and stripeys in the area ,but we kept getting short hit. so it was time to change one of the rigs to see if they could see them better ,after dropping the new color in we went near a big bait ball with fish attacking it , and sure enough we got hook up,so it was put the first victim in the deadwell and change the other rig . then the stripey killin was on ,dan and lulu got right into it,several times we got double
    hookups on both rods ,the rain and wind came and went but we pushed on and slayed away . the high point off the daqy was dan and lulu got both rods hit as i stopped the boat they did there part fighting the fish ,they both both were going wow ive got a fight going on , it ended up they both had triple hookups on each rod it was very exciting trying to get both dips of the net around the fish then get them on the deck, after we got all six fish unhooked and put up we had a little celebration , then it was back to the attack . then as we approached are limits we culled out the dinks for the better fish,as the sun started to go down we hit the limits ,and it was time to head in .thank you dan and lulu for the laughs and for beinf dressed proper for the weather ,we were hardcore fishing out on the silverwood,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

great job bob, i love the deck shot. stripey must die kill them all

Way to kill them Bob! Those are a lot of nice looking stripeys!! I am getting hungry just thinking of all the tacos that can be made............................... Congrats!!

What a great day out at the lake! Fishing with Bob is great and the catchin' is even better! We got rewarded for braving the rain, cold and wind and had a bonus nature tour with a flyover from mr. bald eagle, an osprey and a big hawk. Then a hungry bobcat stalking the hud hens jumped out to try and get one. That thing looked pretty skinny crawling out of the water. I have never seen a cat jump into the water. I started feeling guilty I didn't give the poor critter one of our stripers. It rained the whole way home and to save my back, I pulled out the dolly to wheel in the haul of jailbirds to the kitchen converted to a seafood counter. A few hours later,clean up we had some fresh striper, cooked up by Lulu and off to dreamland from one wonderful fun day.
    DMS

Double triples! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! MDK for sure. Let's see someone do that on livers ;)

Wow. U guys slated them out there. That one striper in the middle of all those stripers looks huge!

I'm curious about the before and after color....

Way to slay a limit!!!

Nice catch. Congrats on the catching!

more smiles for more fishermanhopefully keeps our sport going on for mopre generations to come.Thanx bob for making people happy for that one special day.

Die striper die,,,,,,,,,,,,d/k we tried to kill them all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast