Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trout worm questions

Just one question: anyone tried size 12 circle hook before for drop shot? I heard you don't really need to set the hook with those circles

I have only fished for trout using PB or spinners. I don't mean to sound like a complete idiot but can anyone post picture of how you rig these things. Checked on youtube. I found a lot of videos on guys reeling fish in using them but no detail on how to rig them

I don't have a picture, but I am sure that someone will chime in with one. For the time being though, I know that these small worms can be carolina rigged, used on a dropshot rig, used with a split shot, or used with a jighead. These are just a few of ways I know they can be used.

Quote Originally Posted by geedavell View Post
    I have only fished for trout using PB or spinners. I don't mean to sound like a complete idiot but can anyone post picture of how you rig these things. Checked on youtube. I found a lot of videos on guys reeling fish in using them but no detail on how to rig them
    Split shot, put the bb type weight 24-36" above a sz 10 or 12 mosquito hook, whacky rig the worm for the best results. Carolina rigged, 1/16 weight, carolina keeper, and vary your leader based on where the fish are, whacky rig the worm for the best results. Jighead, 1/32, 1/64, and 1/16 all have their uses based on how far you need to cast or how slow/fast you want the fall of the bait. Dropshot, size 10 or 8 hook tied up about 12-16" above a splitshot weight or finesse dropshot weight, whacky or straight rigged. Good Luck, check the worm websites for photos! Also some companies make their own jigs/worms and others use a supplier.....

Based on personal experience, which trout worms are the most buoyant?? I know there are a multitude of trout worms out there but looking at sapdawg's YouTube video has me wondering. He covered eagle claw, berkeley, and lip ripperez. I'm starting to think buoyancy is pretty important, depending on how u fish the worm that is. And with all the different brands of worms that have come up, a whole new can of worms has been opened. (no pun intended,LOL)

Smokin Jigz and Drew's do float. FF says pee wee's float. Not sure about the others.....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345