Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trout worm questions

Trout Assasin Guest

For jigs go here http://www.southernpro.com/
    For worms you have alot of companies. Drew's, Smokin Jigz, Pee Wee, B Line, Moone, Berkely, Lip Ripperz, and the list goes on. Pick one, they are pretty much all the same, some bigger some smaller. They all pretty much have bi colors, natural colors, flake, scents, you name it. At the end of the day if you know how to fish then it really is a matter or preference or whoever is hooking you up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    They seem very light. How do you cast them?
    Peel out 5 feet of line and whip it! They are about the same weight as a BB size splitshot.

I had little problems casting them on 4 lb trilene.. biggest problem was the wind screwing up my casts. They really work great though!

for peewee's his contact information is on the site and let him know what you want as he can meet up with you or ship it to you. IE there is no ordering through the site at the moment.
    Last edited by Frequent Flyer; 11-19-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Thank you to all who have contributed to this post. I am sure that much has been learned by all the knowledge that has been shared. Will definitely use what I have learned in the near future. Does hooking the worms wacky rigged worked better or threading the worm work better? Probably depends on dropshot or carolina.
    Last edited by Cadillyak; 11-19-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply_P View Post
    Thank you to all who have contributed to this post. I am sure that much has been learned by all the knowledge that has been shared. Will definitely use what I have learned in the near future. Does hooking the worms wacky rigged worked better or threading the worm work better? Probably depends on dropshot or carolina.
    i rarely thread my worms unless i am rigging up for carolina bait n' wait, otherwise for dropshot i'll wacky or nose-hook. If you notice that you are getting bites but not connecting on the nose-hook, switch to wacky or wait a few more seconds before that "swing"

For the double D's you have to try TroutKings magnum trout worm. Just an awesome worm and deadly on the drop shot for those larger bows. Just saying you should check them out, no one else makes trout worms in that size

Top 5 companies for trout worms.

Berkley
    Sierra Slammers
    Smokin Jigs
    Trout Kings
    Drews Custom Baits

I just startes drop shotting 2.5 and 3 basstrixx drop shot minnows and they work too! ;)

Hope the info works out

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    This isnt a worm, but last year I was murdering both smaller bass and the stockers with the Gitzit Micro Little Tough Guy.

Very effective. Expensive, considering the small size, but very effective.

Try a pack of em! There's also a different version of this micro bait with a tail more similar to a slug-go style lure.

This winter, I'm strictly targeting Bass..
    I found them at Walmart (Rosemead) in four different colors at $2.56 a pair. I got hot pink, chartreuse, and perch. They also had a white or pearl color.

Nose hook in #10 or #12 mosquito hook. That simple. No bigger than #10

Nose hook in #10 or #12 mosquito hook. That simple. No bigger than #10 or you will see a drastic reduction in bites.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast