Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trout worm questions

Default Trout worm questions

As always, seems like the big boys( DD or close) love the trout worms. I am gonna start throwing them again and am wondering what is YOUR preferred technique. Drop shot? Carolina rigged? Lip ripper or Berkeley? Maybe we can talk about the type of line and lb test YOU prefer. Scent? (more than likely). Shore, boat, yak, or tube? Best catch with a trout worm? Rod and reel setup?

This post is meant purely for anglers that help and don't hinder. I figure this should be a fun post to see what everyone is throwing. Tis the TROUT season and let's have some fun!!

try peewee baitsworms.
    work good!

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleSlayer View Post
    try peewee baitsworms.
    work good!
    I have heard about these. Will have to look them up. Thanks for the input.

IMHO they all work from lip ripperz to berkley to drews custom to trout king to peewee, and so on and so on i prefer to do the split shot, i mostly fish from shore so sometimes drop shoting u can cast out a lil better but u just have to get ur technique down, I just started using trout worms so im definetly no pro and i use 2 lb line. For set up anything in UL over 7' is my preference

peewee's on a ballhead or dropshot! a little 2 lb izor in a boat/tube or on shore and i don't even have time to eat a granola bar. i'll deadstick them, pull out my granola bar, barely unwrap it....bump bump bump....not agaaaaain. peewee's all day

I like your style Angelesfan. I'm a splits shot guy myself. Sooooo many trout worms to choose from. To each their own. I know somewhere there was a test on boyancy, may make a difference, may not. They seem to all produce.

These peewee's u speak of Frequent Flyer, where might these be purchased?

http://peeweebaits.wix.com/1 he makes some killer colors too! whenever you go to corona or something just hit me up and ill show you some other stuff

Berkeley pre-made Micetails is pretty much all I use. Ultra light rod and reel. 2 lb izor. Split shot (small weight cuz they hit it on the sink) anywhere from 6-24" from hook (depending on where there are in water column). Killer setup for me.

Any you didn't even ask about COLORS...

Quote Originally Posted by Simply_P View Post
    These peewee's u speak of Frequent Flyer, where might these be purchased?
    Very subtle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast