Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Is anyone volunteering this holiday season?

Default Is anyone volunteering this holiday season?

Im looking for places to volunteer and my sailors are looking as well. Since we have such a diverse group of people on here maybe someone may know of several places to help out, they are all of different back grounds but have no problems with the venue or affiliation. I have a lot to be thankful for this year and so do they and would like to give back. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

PT

I worked for a wonderful organization in skid row a couple years back....

The name is Chrysalis....

Located off of Main and 5th Street.

They have been in skid row for two decades helping ALL kind of folks get back on their feet.

Every holiday season they have dinners and events, and this is where volunteering comes in.

I volunteered and had fun. Give em' a try!

Charles

I'll be offering free breast exams again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I'll be offering free breast exams again this year.
    Get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Sexy, kind of...

Been a while since I posted here, but my wife, some friends and I started a small organization last year. It's called "Friends For Giving". We're collecting money to buy blankets and toiletries to give to the homeless around Downtown LA and Hollywood. We've had several events throughout the year already and are planning another for December. We fill up my pick up and drive around.

If you'd like to donate money (any little bit helps and all money goes 100% to buying the supplies) you can go here: http://www.gofundme.com/Friends-for-Giving

If you'd like to donate time and drive around or follow us and pass out donations, we'll announce the date in a week or so on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Friends.For.Giving

Thank you for offering!

http://www.friendsforgiving.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler_Tuber View Post
    Im looking for places to volunteer and my sailors are looking as well. Since we have such a diverse group of people on here maybe someone may know of several places to help out, they are all of different back grounds but have no problems with the venue or affiliation. I have a lot to be thankful for this year and so do they and would like to give back. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

PT
    Last edited by hombre_jaguar; 11-14-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: added official website address

Quote Originally Posted by hombre_jaguar View Post
    Been a while since I posted here, but my wife, some friends and I started a small organization last year.
    Does she need a breast exam? It's free...