Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood Stripers BLEED!!!! Sunday 11/11

Default Silverwood Stripers BLEED!!!! Sunday 11/11

Originally planned to fish Silverwood on Sat with fishingvato again, I cancelled and decided to hit it on Sunday. He got sick and I was too pumped up from last week not to go. So I headed out solo!!

Rushing to be there before gates open, I had a misfortune. I HAD A TRAILER BLOWOUT on the 15. Oh well! Delayed me. Wasnt stopping me from a slayfest again!

Conditions were different from last week with the water level dropping what looked like 20ft to me.

Put the troll rods out as soon as I launched and my rod starts screaming! OH YEEEAHHH But I only had 1 mission and that was to look for the PIGS! Didn't care about quantity, I just wanted quality. Unfortunately I didn't get the pigs this time! But I will get them there sooner then later. I couldn't keep up with the trolling rods they kept screaming and I kept releasing cuz I didn't want to hit my limit so fast. These fish seemed smaller to me then last week. My hot spot from last week was gone due to water drop. I had a nice double and some swimbait fish. Good times with the schoolies. Even got bass too. Kinda crazy action to be alone. But it did slow down for me after 12. Seemed like they went deeper on me. But, i am not complaining. til next week.
    Heres a pic of some of the schoolies, swimbait fish, and a pic of a bass
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sws.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	37841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swimbait.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	37842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	37843
    Last edited by MikesOcean; 11-12-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Wood regular nowadays?

Slay dem

I really need to get a boat lol, I have always fished the wood from the shore and I have never hooked it stripers like that! I've only caught small stripers from the shore, I always through them back.

Great job man.
    Last edited by I love my fish; 11-14-2012 at 11:17 PM.