Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner 11-12-12

Default Skinner 11-12-12

I was heart broken to have missed the day after the first trout plant, but got real sick on Thursday night. Stayed home until this morning (Monday) and didn't get out there until 7:30. Was surprised to only see like 5 trailers in the lot. Hit the water and right away saw birds mid-lake. Went right out there but the gulls were just following the coots. Still not feeling great I decided to just troll around. Dropped the U-rig and headed for the ramp #2 area. South shore points and cove mouths........ bingo! 5 fish by 10:15 and I was headed back to the marina. If I felt better I'd have tried shallow trolling in 8-10' of water to see just how far up the jailbirds were chasing shad.

So water level is up a bit and 63*. All the fish I opened had been feeding on threadfin. No visible boils but active feeding happening. The fish I was metering were near the bottom in 15-20 ft. of water.

As always thanks for the report, Its good to hear your staying on them, too bad about the lack of surface/ripple feeding. My fishing days are a lot more few and far between than I would like and it helps a ton knowing whats going on out there prior to my selected outings this time of year. Hoping to get out wednesday or thursday to get stripey

Niiiice! i need some striper action lol

Hey man, I've tried to hook you up but your either broke or busy...

So they stock every other Thursday there?

Nice work Pat. I've got a few 4# stripers from DVL the last 2 trips, but only in the first hour. Been a little tough there.

Hey ddoskocil, check your PM's.

CMON PAT THAT TROLLING STUFF DOESNT WORK ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,