Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Breaking news lakers sign new coach

Default Breaking news lakers sign new coach

Lakers have officially signed Mike D'Antoni to a 4 year contract as the new head coach of the los angeles lakers,I myself really dislike this guy since back in the day when he was with the suns and always bad talked kobe and the lakers to me its a dumb decision by mitch especially when there was a good chance phil was going to return but i guess will just have to wait and see,what do you guys think?
    Last edited by jbassc; 11-12-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbassc View Post
    what do you guys think?
    The deal was reached after the team rejects Phil Jackson's expensive demands.
    -- LA Times

I think Phil was just looking for a free round trip to LA to see his girlfriend Jennie again on her dad's dime. He put those expensive demands in because he knows the Lakers are desperate and would never agree to them.

And D'Antoni?

They don't call him Mike NO-D'Antoni for nuthin. If you thought the Lakers couldn't play D before, let's see what happens now. Plus, the current personnel doesn't seem to fit with his style of game. By the time the playoffs come around, Nash will be in an old folk's home, Dwight Howard is going to be borrowing Shaq's IcyHot to nurse his re-injured lower back, and Kobe will be hobbling through a litany of injuries, after all the run and gunning that will be done during the regular season. The sprint to the top will be fun, with Lakers winning games 160-145, but once the playoffs come around.....

But in any case, you know who wins in the end?

This guy:

Since the Lakeshow won't be holding any teams below 100 points, he'll be giving out less free tacos!

If not Phil Jackson they should of tried to get Jerry Sloan. D'Antoni did a good job with the Suns but did not know how to coach the Knicks with a team full of talent. I've got my doubts about this guy but hopefully he'll be able to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    If not Phil Jackson they should of tried to get Jerry Sloan.
    They *did* try to get Phil, but as I alluded to above, I don't think Phil even wanted the job to begin with, which is why he would only take it only if the Lakers offered him the moon plus more, which he knew they couldn't or wouldn't. His relationship with the "other" Buss's isn't as great as his relationship with Jeannie, plus he had no problems being vocal about certain members of the current team when he retired, so when I heard his name being thrown out there, it made me wonder if he wasn't up to his old tricks of playing mind games to keep his own mind entertained. Sure gets lonely in Montana, ya know? That's why when I heard part of his counter offer was being able to sit at home instead of traveling for certain road games, I knew that his asking way too much may have been part of his game plan all along; he was in a win - win situation. Stay retired and enjoy his millions, or come back year-to-year, making bank, perhaps owning part of the organization, and coach whenever he felt like it.

Jerry Sloan wasn't even contacted, which is pretty surprising. Jerry would keep Kobe's ego in check, and would create a nice pick and roll combo with Nash and Howard, and *hopefully* would've molded Pau Gasol more into a man, instead of being the softest big man in the league.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. The Lakers have a personnel problem. And nothing has been done to address it.

We'll see what happens

Man, talk about drama re: the Phil Jackson Phiasco!

http://deadspin.com/5960091/how-phil...ers-fell-apart

Lakers better make some moves or players are going to start getting hurt since Antoni only goes 8-9 players deep. He should hit up pop and take notes on resting players. Trade gasol......new D coach.... I dont know this is getting ugly and not looking any better with ancient players.

I stopped watching Laker game now. They make me sick. Gasol played like ****....