Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My weekend in the Florida Everglades (Not So Cal)

Default My weekend in the Florida Everglades (Not So Cal)

I had an oppurtunity to fish here last weekend for LMB & Peacock Bass.We mainly fished with live shiners,since the water was very clear & the Peacocks are very difficult to take on lures.They must be a different stain from the Huge ones I see taken from Panama & Brazil since a large one here is 4-5# and 10 would be huge & rare.The ones I got were just 1-2,but put up a fight like a Smallie on 'roids.I also got quite a few LMB mostly on plastics.Saw quite a few Gators,but being an Ohio State fan,I tried not to get too close.The funniest thing was buying live shiners from a vending machine in front of an Exxon station.Peace

Wow, is that a peacock in the second picture? I never seen one of those. Gotta love the fresh bait machine. :lol:

have to get out to FL to try my hand fishing there great pics..peacock bass...man I thought SMB had groovy paint jobs...

Nice looking fish there!
    That vending machine is something else... :o

Very cool. Thanks for the report.

Great report!! I didn't know there were peacock bass in the 'states'-is this something new? I've watched the shows where they attack topwater lures in South America, it looks like a real adrenaline rush, watching a monster fish explode on your lure from such a distance!!!

That musta been one heck of a fishing adventure, vending machine is great. Might hafta search the net for pictures of the inside of that. Thanks for sharing.

TD

That vending machine, what a trip. I think that was a Peacock Bass Granny Fish.

When you shake the machine do you get a few extra shiners? Do the shiners pour in the cup properly, or is it like the old school coffee vending machines and it pours everywhere except the cup? :D

Cool pics dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansou
    When you shake the machine do you get a few extra shiners? Do the shiners pour in the cup properly, or is it like the old school coffee vending machines and it pours everywhere except the cup? :D

Cool pics dude!
    Rich, there's a little trained monkey inside that measures you out a scoop into a cup and drops it down a shoot. :lol:

You've seen the trunk monkey adds I suppose... I don't think I'd shake the machine. Monkeys get pssst when kept in small quarters. :wink:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast