Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood 11-9

Tule perch also.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Tule perch also.
    Thats the name I heard people call them old brain does not compute to well these days...

same to you seal did u get the big girl show up

Quote Originally Posted by Airona124 View Post
    same to you seal did u get the big girl show up
    Nope but it won't stop me from continuing on the hunt!

By the way the bite crashed since the weekend, baby LMB's and shad have moved off the shoreline and the activity level has dropped dramatically, possibly water temp, barometer, moon phase or hell I got no freak'n idea! Weird how quickly it changed cause I've tried all the areas that I'd been fishing days prior and the same conditions seem to exist, although I'm still seeing bait dimpling in deeper water, think the stripers are trying to digest all the food they've eaten recently, hee hee.

theres lmb frys everywhere around the launch ramp,,stripey likes them, just like the threadfins there gorging on right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    theres lmb frys everywhere around the launch ramp,,stripey likes them, just like the threadfins there gorging on right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,
    Cleghorn was thick with them on the shoreline and the stripers were crashing on them early and late, all belly's full with very few shad, now little guys are gone off the shoreline over there and other areas, guess they still like the marina area. Poor LMB's got no chance but in the Spring the LMB's were sucking up striper fry over by the launchramp like crazy, revenge is sweet!

Backside of the lake has way more shad, you've probably found them in open water in other parts also, I just haven't been out on the lake for a while need to get back in the yak and get off the shoreline, it's getting crowded I like elbow room.

Quote Originally Posted by Airona124 View Post
    ghetto^^^ i want to say those perch are delta perch coming in through the duct yes correct me if i wrong
    They are actually Log Perch and we have also shocked them up at Perris when we do fish surveys.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgrabber1 View Post
    They are actually Log Perch and we have also shocked them up at Perris when we do fish surveys.
    Thanks Bassgrabber. I just found a website that lists the bigscale logperch as an inhabitant of the Mojave River and Silverwood. The coloration and markings match the fish my friend found inside his striper.

Can you use them for live bait?

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Can you use them for live bait?
    I'm pretty sure they cannot be used because of the following DFG baitfish regulations for inland waters:

4.10. BAIT FISH USE IN THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT.
    Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Southern District:

(a) Dead threadfin shad and live or dead longjaw mudsucker may be used in all Southern District waters.
    (b) Live threadfin shad may be used only at the location where taken.
    (c) Golden shiner and red shiner may be used in San Diego County.

BTW, my after finding the perch in the stomach of his striper, my friend bought an LC SK Jerk crankbait in the yellow perch pattern from BPS and has been doing really well on the Silverwood shore stripers with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast