Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood 11-9

Default Silverwood 11-9

Went to the wood this am cold and a little bit of rain falling. Was kinda excited reading the post about the good striper action. Threw a white spook for nothing also threw a large z plug in trout patter and got the same skunk. Maybe I'm doing something wrong saw a couple fish in people's hands but never saw people catching. Maybe I missed the bite. Gunna try to head back for an afternoon session sat or Sunday. Any tips are apreciated

I'm thinking that the bight might have slowed today and tomorrow with the stormy weather and come sunday I end up with arthritis from bringing so many damn big ones to the shore. These next two nights should really help with cooling the water down as well.

little bass in open water there dont have a chace!! lake had a massive draw down bite was goood!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Airona124 View Post

little bass in open water there dont have a chace!! lake had a massive draw down bite was goood!

Wow, great photo! Thanks for posting that!

Thanks for the autopsy photo! This past summer, a friend and I were catching stripers there we saw a huge boil not more than 10 feet from the water's edge. About 15 seconds later, a stunned baby bass floated up. Those stripeys are vicious top predators. By the way, that same friend was cleaning one of his stripers and found what looked like the remains of a yellow perch. Does anyone know if there are yellow perch in Silverwood?

ghetto^^^ i want to say those perch are delta perch coming in through the duct yes correct me if i wrong

Ya you can see hundreds of those I think they call them Delta black perch not sure thu about the name, in the hesperia duct. at times.

nice post mr airona 124 !!! thats why thay like my popper in open water lol ....it looks like those we need to go real sooooon bro and thow ower pluges in the wind,
    Last edited by ghetto fisherman; 11-10-2012 at 01:19 PM.

X2, I have seen lots of these fish in the duct between Cottonwood Ave. Hesperia & Lake Silverwood in the duct.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Ya you can see hundreds of those I think they call them Delta black perch not sure thu about the name, in the hesperia duct. at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Airona124 View Post

Nice to meet you out there. Depending on where you get the stripers seems whether or not they are loaded with baby LMB's or shad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast