Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood- 11-7-12

Default Silverwood- 11-7-12

Got there around 2:30 and fished it until about 6:15. Picked up 4 striper in the 2-4 lb. range. All on top water. Bite only lasted about 45 minutes. Wind was pretty brutal but we had it at our back. Water level is super low so if you're shore fishing it, there's plenty of area to choose from.

Thanks for the report. We were there last Saturday and the water level was way up. The wind made it difficult to use walk-the-dog baits but carpangler got 6-7 on a green fluke with scrounger head. I stuck the hard baits and landed an 18-19" one on a Daiwa saltwater crank bait. The water levels can really fluctuate from week to week there. The striper bite should be good this weekend with the rainy weather coming up. It's funny how those stripeys suddenly come in like a ravenous pack of wolves and leave just as quickly.

nice jmac! i was catching them on a smoke shad fluke on a leadhead will see if i can get any to bite again this weeken

Default Hey, Bubba!

[QUOTE=Airona124;638354]nice jmac! i was catching them on a smoke shad fluke on a leadhead will see if i can get any to bite again this weeken[/Q

5. Default

Bite at dusk?