Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3lb or 4lb for trout?

Default 3lb or 4lb for trout?

What lb test do you prefer for trout fishing and what make? I've been getting broken off lately on 3 lb P-Line straight floro...

I use either 4 lb pline or maxima in green. Never broken off because of the line on either brand. I used to fish 2 lb but i've found no difference between the catch ratio so i just use the 4 lb just incase i hook into a dd fish.
    Last edited by jaggerbub; 11-05-2012 at 09:49 PM.

I use 2-lb. clear Ande almost exclusively, except on the trolling rod and then it's 6-lb. Ande. Doesn't have a breaking problem if kept fresh. Change it out at the beginning and halfway through the local season, again if it gets scuffed. Of course more often is better, the point being it's durable.
    I don't believe in fluorocarbon, just not necessary.

I use 4 lb line for the pay lakes and such .

I use 4# izor mostly. But i have also used 3# maxima. They are both great lines.

Aaron 2lb or 4lb Izor line my dude ! I just started using 2lb p line cx premium or go straight 3lb maxima like the rest of the cool guys
    Last edited by Leejahd; 11-05-2012 at 11:09 PM.

2lb izor havnt had any problems yet

try braid 8lb as mainline and flouro for leader, I caught some decent trout with that...

2# XXX or 2# Ande Tourney.

4 lb Pline Floroclear has worked for me in Irvine and many other lakes as well...It also casts great for trout spoons,trolling your(insert diving crankbait name here) ,sitting on shore with a carolina rig with powerbait,etc.
    For what its worth,I have dropshotted for bass with 3(!) lb Floroclear and it has great strength vs. stretch properties.
    Just make sure if you buy some,that its as fresh a spool as possible.Basspro has 600 yd. spools which should last the average fisherman a whole season!
    Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast