Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New float tube fishing system(rack)

Default New float tube fishing system(rack)

I just wanted to share with my fellow tubers my friend's (Kirkboat) system he has designed. I know it has been seen before on here and I just wanted to show mine off. I love this thing and am blown away by the detail he puts into one of these. It really is a piece of art as far as these go and if anyone is intersted in one he will custom make them to your needs. Here are a few pics. (Comments below pics)

These are pics of the first version Kirk made for me, after fishing it a couple times I realized I wanted my sonar mount a little farther back so he re-adjusted my left side and in the following pics you will see the difference. Notice location of pole holders and the sweet bends on the front tubes and the transducer mounts.......pretty cool, eh?

Notice location of sonar mount and pole holder.

These things are really light and notice all the room left behind the seat. Like alot you you I have had many different types of racks, from crude homemade things for my old Caddis tube to Aarons sweet design for Outcast boats. This one is so far my favorite.

These systems utilize the Bass Pro rod holders which Kirk mills and seperates and uses seperately, pretty friggin sweet.

Notice the rivets? Not just glued but riveted too. No nuts and bolts holding the sonar mount anymore....rivets. And that little aluminum nut you see (with small cable leash)is what the back connects to on the rear D-Ring with a specially mounted eyebolt.

The rear two ends can hold rods or a net if ya want and Go Pro mounts can be added for those of you who like to video yourself. If anyone is interested in one of these beauties feel free to send me or Kirk(kirkboat) a pm we will be happy to answer any questions you have. Tight lines and cheers
    Last edited by phishin phool; 11-05-2012 at 07:57 PM.

What are all the holes on the pipes for?

Sorry had to post mine too terry!

cool.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy View Post
    What are all the holes on the pipes for?
    Yeah, what are holes for? weight reduction?
    Last edited by smokinflies; 11-15-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Not quite sure if helps with the weight I would think It will less PVC , but we use the holes to secure the rack to the d rings around the tube.

It is almost half the weight plus it gives good drainage and it looks way cool....

Glad you posted a pic of your sweet ride Leo
    Quote Originally Posted by Leejahd View Post
    Sorry had to post mine too terry!

Yeah, that 1" pvc is a little heavy but with the holes you put in there lighten it up alot, and yes it gives it a custom look!
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkboat View Post
    It is almost half the weight plus it gives good drainage and it looks way cool....

really like the system its simple, functional and looks really versital for what it is i like it alot

Here's my two boats
    Last edited by kirkboat; 11-16-2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: added picture

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast