Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epic Topwater Action at Silverwood on Stripers---> Video!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'm sorry I know it was fun and always is. Anytime I see "epic" or "wfo" used in a report title I'm thinking boy this better be good and micros blasting spooks is a regular occurence at about any of the striper infested reservoirs.

My friend from Henderson Nv. saw this post and had a good laugh, called me last night. I've seen boils that cover well over a hundred yards in diameter (probably way underestimating) at Mead and Silverwood, at Silverwood I've seen boils that covered basically all of Cleghorn and the fish were all in the 3-7lbs. range and nope wasn't that long ago. Funny thing is this year has not been a banner year for boils at Silverwood, not even close.

I don't mean to belittle your fun in anyway but I did have a little chuckle about the "epic" bite, I'm glad you had fun and hope one day you see and participate in a little bit more "epic" bite. Keep at it and you will be there on that magical day when everything comes together, has everything to do with just fishing your backside off as many days as you can during the right time of the year and also most importantly the right time of the day.

Good luck!
    Fair enough. I appreciate honest feedback for these videos. Hey, I have to look on the bright side-if this trip felt epic, I can't wait to see, "boils that cover well over a hundred yards in diameter!" It can only get better!

Carp, I hope the derby doesn't affect our shore session tomorrow. Whatever happens, we will have an epic time LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    Carp, I hope the derby doesn't affect our shore session tomorrow. Whatever happens, we will have an epic time LOL.
    Good luck should be getting better, the moon slowed stuff down a bit recently but as of last night those "epic" boils were back, lot's of fun no matter the size.

No sir, the Joshua Inn bar located on Arrowhead Lake rd. in Hesperia is doing one tomorrow. It is $30 for a 2 person team. Weigh in is at 3pm. Not too sure of the specifics, just know my brother signed me up and were going fishing.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    No sir, the Joshua Inn bar located on Arrowhead Lake rd. in Hesperia is doing one tomorrow. It is $30 for a 2 person team. Weigh in is at 3pm. Not too sure of the specifics, just know my brother signed me up and were going fishing.
    Woooh boy! Two tournaments on Saturday...this is going to be fun from the shore :) Hope it's not too much of a zoo out there, these overcast mornings have left me with high hopes for tomorrows fishing!

me and my son will be there at the tourney,,,,,

there is a ternament

Pretty damn excited myself, getting there early and leaving early!
    Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Woooh boy! Two tournaments on Saturday...this is going to be fun from the shore :) Hope it's not too much of a zoo out there, these overcast mornings have left me with high hopes for tomorrows fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Oh the bar is having it. Do they still have a shuffleboard game?

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the video. As for EPIC, if it felt epic to you that is all that matters. I started fishing for stripers after I saw my first boil at Castaic and it was EPIC. Big Stripers hitting big swimbaits left and right. I could never forget that experience. Lately I have not seen boils like that and any decent boil is epic to me now. Keep fishing and keep sharing bro.

Raymond

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast