Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hatchery Dust!

Default Hatchery Dust!

Hey all I'm going up to Lake Hemet this coming weekend and was planning on trying something new. I usually just fish with nightcrawlers up there from shore just to catch fish and usually catch a couple fish of different species. However I want to try fishing for trout and everywhere I see the rage for this Hatchery Dust stuff and I want to give it a try. Which flavor would you recommend or have the most success with? I was trying to decide between natural and super garlic but would prefer some opinions. Thanks and tight lines!

My buddies and I sometimes fish with it and in all honesty, I haven't noticed a significant increase in bites or catches. It's no different than fishing with powerbait by itself or hatchery nuggets by themselves. To me, it hasn't lived up to the hype surrounding it but we still use it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish Addict View Post
    My buddies and I sometimes fish with it and in all honesty, I haven't noticed a significant increase in bites or catches. It's no different than fishing with powerbait by itself or hatchery nuggets by themselves. To me, it hasn't lived up to the hype surrounding it but we still use it sometimes.
    Agreed... what I have used that did seem to do really well was Gulp Floating Pinched Crawlers... I was catching when everyone else was not...

I'd bet in stained water based on the explanation of how the "attractant" works it would possibly be a plus, otherwise just another gimmick to sell more product to us stupid fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'd bet in stained water based on the explanation of how the "attractant" works it would possibly be a plus, otherwise just another gimmick to sell more product to us stupid fishermen.
    when the bites been slow, I tell my buddys this is the secret weapon, and truthfully I think it was just a good advertising campaign. I fish the sierras a lot, a lot and if this is suppose to work, the fish aren't aware of it

Quote Originally Posted by hapjap View Post
    when the bites been slow, I tell my buddys this is the secret weapon, and truthfully I think it was just a good advertising campaign. I fish the sierras a lot, a lot and if this is suppose to work, the fish aren't aware of it
    It's called sucker dust!!!!!!! Have to be a sucker to believe It'll work!!

7. Default

Hello Fishhound,

Sorry for some of the comments above that didn't seem to answer your questions, and thank you for everyone's opinions. Just a little shocking to hear negative comments when we typically receive 10-20 pictures emailed to us on an average week with success stories using Hatchery Dust from across the USA, which has become the norm for thousands of doughbait fisherman across the country since its launch this year. Maybe socal planted trout went on Hatchery Dust strike? lol But "Hype"? Great!! We love hype. But in the end, its about everyone catching fish, and we're pretty confident you can open up any major publication during any trout season across the west coast, such as Western Outdoors News, Fish Sniffer, California Sportsman, etc. and find many Hatchery Dust success stories in each. :)

To help you with your questions, my personal favorites are garlic mealworm and garlic crawler. Why? Well, all 5 flavors of Hatchery Dust as you probably know, do contain supercharged forms of the key base ingredients of a typical real hatchery pellet, however, the extra mealworm and nightcrawler added inside of these two will ALSO trigger 'native' trout to strike. Which is why we fish these flavors whenever were fishing in places like the eastern sierras, where you're sometimes targeting fish that have been in there waters anywhere from weeks, to months, to years before. So if you had to choose two of the five, I would go that route just because you're not only fishing for stocked trout, but natives as well. However, we get success stories for each of the five flavors, just seems to be based on that persons personal experiences and preferences. Hopefully this answers your questions!!

If your curious of the correct doughbait rig to help increase your chances at catching fish, we highly recommend clicking here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6IewE4gXv4

We will also be having another video on fishing nightcrawlers debuting on Friday which is similar to the link above, but adds some great info to it that you will probably like as well. (you can subscribe to our Lip RipperZ youtube channel to view our new videos every Tuesday and Friday). And since you are fishing nightcrawlers this weekend, Im sure you will enjoy this.

If you have any more questions on how to fish any of our Lip RipperZ products or just need tips on how to catch fish where, we would love to help you. Either myself or one of my prostaffers would be more than honored to help you in anyway possible to increase your chances at catching fish, which is what the Hatchery Dust is meant to do. Here is my personal email if you would like to contact me directly, Bryan.Friedman@LipRipperZ.com. Otherwise, sales@lipripperz.com or webmaster@lipripperz.com will go to all my prostaffers, and first to see the messages will respond. But everyone is very knowledgable.

Hope this helps and let me know how you do!! Thank you for your support. :)

Bryan Friedman, CEO
    Lip RipperZ, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Lip Ripperz View Post
    Hello Fishhound,

Sorry for some of the comments above that didn't seem to answer your questions, and thank you for everyone's opinions. Just a little shocking to hear negative comments when we typically receive 10-20 pictures emailed to us on an average week with success stories using Hatchery Dust from across the USA, which has become the norm for thousands of doughbait fisherman across the country since its launch this year. Maybe socal planted trout went on Hatchery Dust strike? lol But "Hype"? Great!! We love hype. But in the end, its about everyone catching fish, and we're pretty confident you can open up any major publication during any trout season across the west coast, such as Western Outdoors News, Fish Sniffer, California Sportsman, etc. and find many Hatchery Dust success stories in each. :)

To help you with your questions, my personal favorites are garlic mealworm and garlic crawler. Why? Well, all 5 flavors of Hatchery Dust as you probably know, do contain supercharged forms of the key base ingredients of a typical real hatchery pellet, however, the extra mealworm and nightcrawler added inside of these two will ALSO trigger 'native' trout to strike. Which is why we fish these flavors whenever were fishing in places like the eastern sierras, where you're sometimes targeting fish that have been in there waters anywhere from weeks, to months, to years before. So if you had to choose two of the five, I would go that route just because you're not only fishing for stocked trout, but natives as well. However, we get success stories for each of the five flavors, just seems to be based on that persons personal experiences and preferences. Hopefully this answers your questions!!

If your curious of the correct doughbait rig to help increase your chances at catching fish, we highly recommend clicking here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6IewE4gXv4

We will also be having another video on fishing nightcrawlers debuting on Friday which is similar to the link above, but adds some great info to it that you will probably like as well. (you can subscribe to our Lip RipperZ youtube channel to view our new videos every Tuesday and Friday). And since you are fishing nightcrawlers this weekend, Im sure you will enjoy this.

If you have any more questions on how to fish any of our Lip RipperZ products or just need tips on how to catch fish where, we would love to help you. Either myself or one of my prostaffers would be more than honored to help you in anyway possible to increase your chances at catching fish, which is what the Hatchery Dust is meant to do. Here is my personal email if you would like to contact me directly, Bryan.Friedman@LipRipperZ.com. Otherwise, sales@lipripperz.com or webmaster@lipripperz.com will go to all my prostaffers, and first to see the messages will respond. But everyone is very knowledgable.

Hope this helps and let me know how you do!! Thank you for your support. :)

Bryan Friedman, CEO
    Lip RipperZ, Inc
    I think many of us are suffering from new product overload. Every serious fisherman has 100's of lures, fly's or products they normally don't use to just a few they do. So at some point we rebel and say ENOUGH, lol.

But there are way more that still buy the "hype" and will purchase and believe in the new products, me I suffer from swimbait issues, I guess others suffer from doughbait issues.

You don't need to apologize for us though we need no forgiveness.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I think many of us are suffering from new product overload. Every serious fisherman has 100's of lures, fly's or products they normally don't use to just a few they do. So at some point we rebel and say ENOUGH, lol.

But there are way more that still buy the "hype" and will purchase and believe in the new products, me I suffer from swimbait issues, I guess others suffer from doughbait issues.

You don't need to apologize for us though we need no forgiveness.
    Swimbait issues. haha Thats funny. I was in the same boat as you last year. You should check out our buddies at Big Bass Dreams for a swimbait fix. They are amazing at it and catch some Hawgs.

Thanks for the reply.

Very professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lip Ripperz View Post
    Swimbait issues. haha Thats funny. I was in the same boat as you last year. You should check out our buddies at Big Bass Dreams for a swimbait fix. They are amazing at it and catch some Hawgs.

Thanks for the reply.