Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner sunday 10/28/12

Default Skinner sunday 10/28/12

Fished skinner Sunday morning with my 8 yr old son and partner in bright blue skies. Hard to fish out of a pontoon rental boat but we managed a few.
    Started off in the grey light throwing top water for LMB had three big fish explode on the walking baits and managed to land 4 in the 1.5 lb range on the pop r.
    my son loves watching those fish on top water,as do I. caught about 24 fish that were in the 6 inch range. We were really out there hoping to see boils
    but we did not see a single boil and havent seen any so far this year. I think i talked to P.A.W. out on the water in the early am.(Nice Job out there)

Bring on the cloud cover................

Have a great day
    Chris

I'll just ditto this report. Same thing, a few boils early, missed one on the fluke. Trolled some jerkbaits looking for shallow stripers, didn't find any. Caught a ton of LMB 6-8 inches on jerkbaits, DS worms, and darters. Some shad popping early, tullies are swarming with 2-3" baby bass, with some small gills mixed in. Couldn't locate the big ones shallow, shouldv'e went deeper. Fun day out with Dad on the boat. Beautiful weather for us, but I know the fish want those clouds back!!!
    (Nice to talk to you again, too, Pat. Thanks for the trolling tips.)
    Last edited by ddoskocil; 10-29-2012 at 11:40 AM.