Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a lot going on for minimal cars and trailers in the parking lot

Default a lot going on for minimal cars and trailers in the parking lot

was great to get back on dvl after my two month "new water" exploration phase. day before yesterday decided to just go big looking for something of size with the swimmer. found fish, caught fish and left stoked, BEAT and intrigued. figured out cadence, timing, and location but couldnt get the bigger bites. yesterday i went back dark to dark and had an absolute blast but nothing of real size. hopefully this winter it gets even better!

i would strongly recommend getting up there right now. a lot of people are waiting around for stock days and the "3 days after", but a lot is happening in the mean time.

swimbait bite is there for the diehards. LOTS of casting and spots. put the motor down and go. pick apart angles and figure out cadence. hudd and the CL8 baits have been getting creamed.

bass are on the bank all the way out to 50'. lots of packing fish! the jig, dropshot, darthead and reaction baits all working. a lot of people are saying its really slow out there. i would keep moving until you find them. there are a lot of willing fish. locating is the struggle right now. SOOOOO much dead water!

stripers are all over the place. you dont gotta go deep to find them. i've been getting bit on the swimbait and chased as shallow as 5-10' of water. areas of stock make absolutely no difference right now. throw your confidence plug and get after it.

couple from the last two days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass-2.jpg 
Views:	716 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	37662

Name:	bass-1.jpg 
Views:	785 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	37663

Name:	stripe-1.jpg 
Views:	771 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	37664

yeah, the joint i had to blur out. i know someone's gonna say something about it. the builder would like to keep it under wraps and i respect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    was great to get back on dvl after my two month "new water" exploration phase. day before yesterday decided to just go big looking for something of size with the swimmer. found fish, caught fish and left stoked, BEAT and intrigued. figured out cadence, timing, and location but couldnt get the bigger bites. yesterday i went back dark to dark and had an absolute blast but nothing of real size. hopefully this winter it gets even better!

i would strongly recommend getting up there right now. a lot of people are waiting around for stock days and the "3 days after", but a lot is happening in the mean time.

swimbait bite is there for the diehards. LOTS of casting and spots. put the motor down and go. pick apart angles and figure out cadence. hudd and the CL8 baits have been getting creamed.

bass are on the bank all the way out to 50'. lots of packing fish! the jig, dropshot, darthead and reaction baits all working. a lot of people are saying its really slow out there. i would keep moving until you find them. there are a lot of willing fish. locating is the struggle right now. SOOOOO much dead water!

stripers are all over the place. you dont gotta go deep to find them. i've been getting bit on the swimbait and chased as shallow as 5-10' of water. areas of stock make absolutely no difference right now. throw your confidence plug and get after it.

couple from the last two days.

Name:	bass-2.jpg 
Views:	716 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	37662

Name:	bass-1.jpg 
Views:	785 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	37663

Name:	stripe-1.jpg 
Views:	771 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	37664

yeah, the joint i had to blur out. i know someone's gonna say something about it. the builder would like to keep it under wraps and i respect him.
    I agree you have to move. I covered a lot of water a few days ago and STILL didn't find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    I agree you have to move. I covered a lot of water a few days ago and STILL didn't find them.
    yeah man i definitely agree. its a grind until you get on some active fish then it goes dumb.

Cool Matt, glad your finding that pattern that was so elusive to us on Tuesday. Had a ton of followers and a few shortstrikes, but none willing to commit. Wish we had a couple of consecutive days to figure it out. Ah well, I'm gonna bring some other presentations with me next week. Haha, that was a cool blur, hopefully the builder will produce it in the near future.

Welcome back bro...

Sick.
    I knew it was on right now. I could feel it in the air.
    I'll be by any day.
    Nice work man.

You using straight braid or a top shot of fluoro for the swim baits?

what kinda set up u using to throw them hudds matt

Matt_M, I went out to dvl today, had no luck, I took your advise, but still came up empty, this actually the first time I've been skunked in a while. I'm sure its something I was doing wrong, saw people around me catching. Matt do you ever take people out on your boat for demontrations?

stinkbait-
    very loaded question. im actually gonna be working on some stuff for our blog section of our website. a basic answer would be that i generally throw all 3. braid for the surface plug, mono and fluoro for the subsurface and then fluoro for the baits where the fish have A LOT of time to look at the bait like the bottom bouncing baits.

panfisherman-
    im throwing a dobyns champion 807hsb rod, daiwa lexa 300h, 50# power pro / 25# max leader

elbowlayer-
    it happens to the best of us. with throwing the swimbait it is definitely an art. definitely something anyone can acquire but lots of patience and understanding is needed to fish it the right way and be successful with it. give it time and i guarantee you it will just "click". ive spent alot of years screwing around with it and still have a long way to go. every day is a learning process and everyday teaches even the seasoned that we still suck and got a long way to go. as far as the trip thing, something may be able to be arranged. around the first of the year im going to make a jump and start taking people out. i spent this year re assuring myself if it is something i wanna do.

Thanks Matt. Your answer to panfisherman was what I was looking for - NOT running strait braid for the swim bait.

I'm always worried about that uni to uni.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast