Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Few Days At Silver Lake (10/11-14)

Default Few Days At Silver Lake (10/11-14)

quick late report:

headed up to the june lake loop area last thursday early morning. caught some rain rolling into bishop and snow rolling into mammoth. stopping in mammoth we decided not to hit the mammoth brewery because of the heavy snowfall.

"Rite Aid parking lot in Mammoth"

the snow stuck with us the rest of the way up.

"Silver Lake"

"campsite"

"snow ended, rain started"

"first trout"

was able to hook many fish along the shoreline after the rains using the DS but wasn't able to keep them on the hook. lost a nice one too. :x

man was it freakin cold up there. rained off and on during the day, and surprisingly the wind wasn't blowing.

"little something to keep us warm"

"nightlife"

during the night while we slept, we were robbed. the masked robbers took all our food that was in our ice chest. . hmm...

rained solid throughout the night into the next morning.

never seen this shoreline without anglers. thanks rain gods. worked the shoreline from dock to the rentals. only found a couple of stockers.

"snowfall from the day before"

"only one's that made it up"

nice saturday morning

"every year i see more tubers"

picked up some platinum and headed to rush creek

didn't do much fishing on rush because of our fascination with the sierra sasquatch . i only had one bite drifting a plastic on a jig head.

"evening at silver lake"

last morning before packing up my brother did some fishing. ended up catching a crayfish and a 3.5lber.

thanks for reading

Hi Smokinflies,

Nice goin' guys !! Whoa .... kinda cool for sure !! Great bunch of pics !!

Thanks much !!

JapanRon

Looks like it was a fun trip! Way to tough it out in the weather! Lot's of good libation to keep eveyone warm I see. Nice 3 pounder out of Silver!

Thank you for reporting.

I'm going in 2 weeks, I wasn't actually expecting snow.

Beautiful picture of the clouds breaking up over the mountain peak. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Nice photos - love the fall colors!

I like it when the weather is cooler, but that picture of the snow-covered tent makes me shiver!

Thanks for the report and great photos. I'm planning on going up there in a couple weeks as well, hope the weather is good cuz we plan on tenting it as well. Went up there in June a few years ago and got snowed on, froze our A$$E$!! This will be the latest in the season I've been up there. Hope the fishing is good.

The raccoons can be a huge PITA at Silver Lake, for sure. Gotta lock down EVERYTHING in camp.

Gonna try for at least one more trip to the Loop and Twin Lakes before the season closes.