Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth Report Oct. 20-23

Default Mammoth Report Oct. 20-23

It was cold, cold, cold. Got up there on Saturday and the winds were blowing and it didn't let up most of the time. The only time it wasn't windy was when it snowed... for ten hours straight. My wife and I built our first snowman. Didn't get much fishing done but, we did catch about 6 at Lake Mary. Also got to see a huge bear check out our gear though. Oh well, until next season.

At the Forrest Creek complex were we stayed. Pretty but, really slick ice on the road and I didn't bring chains.

Big bear looking for fish on stringers. The green pole is mine. The one time I'm glad we didn't catch anything yet.

Convict Lake was really pretty with a light dusting of snow. Winds were really howling here.

Wow! What great shot of that huge bear!! I'm headed for Mammoth in a week. I'll make sure to bring the chains.

That photo of Convict Lake is absolutely stunning and that is one huge bear....

awesome pics ! ill be heading up there this season for a little boarding !

It was huge and he knew that he had nothing to fear from us!

Chains might be smart but, if the forecast at www.mammothweather.com doesn't call for snow, you should be good. They were dead on with the forecast for snow. Maybe you should bring some bear spray too. :-) I almost hit a bear with my car that was roaming around town at night.

Thanks, it is always pretty up there when the snow hits.

Good luck guys!

Thanks for the report. I'm going up next week with a group. Your report makes me happy that we will be fishing from kayaks. I think that I will remember my long johns.
    Last edited by fishinone; 10-26-2012 at 06:57 AM.

he/she is a fatty.. Doesn't seem like it would want to chase anything..let alone try to make it up a tree.

Whoa! Watch out there PC.
    That's a big'un!
    Awesome pic of Convict I might add...;)
    Thanks for the report man.

Thanks guys. Yes, about the biggest bear I've seen up in Mammoth. Always have to have keep looking around when fishing at any of the lakes in Mammoth.

Awesome photo!!! Convict is by far my favorite lake to stop at in the area. Good fishing and great scenery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast