Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First Contribution Report: Surprise Halibut By-Catch

Peter,

Congrats on the great catch of a life time from the surf, rocks, or what ever you consider it! How are you going to ever top this first report?

I am another believer that Poseidon rewards good people after giving forth what you gave to HG4!

As for the casulty? It happens now matter how hard we try to take care of the enemy we will both fight to the bitter end! Looks like many good meals to be enjoyed!

Steve

Oh man, how did I miss this report. Totally awesome by catch, a dream come true.
    Congrats on the beautiful Lineside. Did you share the intel with the Commander?
    Cool photo of your parent too.

An amazing story and pics, Peter. The biggest striper I've caught in SCal was half that size...and from a lake. Sorry the big fella didn't make it, but glad it was appreciated by the folks who received it.
    You finally made me a believer in changing out the stock hooks after seeing what that big dog did to them, though you wouldn't normally expect our tackle to be put to such a test. Do you know what the hook upgrade would be without effecting the bait's action?? A beautiful pattern on the LC as well...what's it named??
    Thanks too for the pics and article on your parents. Hard to imagine our folks ever being that young. It's great to see you honor them in your post...good man.

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Peter,

Congrats on the great catch of a life time from the surf, rocks, or what ever you consider it! How are you going to ever top this first report?

I am another believer that Poseidon rewards good people after giving forth what you gave to HG4!

As for the casulty? It happens now matter how hard we try to take care of the enemy we will both fight to the bitter end! Looks like many good meals to be enjoyed!

Steve

Thank you very much Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Oh man, how did I miss this report. Totally awesome by catch, a dream come true.
    Congrats on the beautiful Lineside. Did you share the intel with the Commander?
    Cool photo of your parent too.
    Thanks blackwater and yes I did share the intel plus more with the Commander .

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    An amazing story and pics, Peter. The biggest striper I've caught in SCal was half that size...and from a lake. Sorry the big fella didn't make it, but glad it was appreciated by the folks who received it.
    You finally made me a believer in changing out the stock hooks after seeing what that big dog did to them, though you wouldn't normally expect our tackle to be put to such a test. Do you know what the hook upgrade would be without effecting the bait's action?? A beautiful pattern on the LC as well...what's it named??
    Thanks too for the pics and article on your parents. Hard to imagine our folks ever being that young. It's great to see you honor them in your post...good man.
    Thanks sidified. I've put smaller owner trebles on them and even some bigger LC stock treble hooks on the 110's and they seem to still have the same action. Even removing the middle hook still catches fish. I've even had a mix between stock hooks and owner hooks on them and the action was the same. The pattern is Sexy Geisha Queen SD.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456