Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 10-22 Report from boat

Default 10-22 Report from boat

It's been about a year since I've been to DVL. Got to the lake at 0900. First thing I noticed was the launch ramp wasn't too long from top to the water, so I figured water level was up. Headed out to Rawson's cove with my new Hummingbird 597 CI HD DI installed.

Drop shorted Rawson's Cove for a bit. No luck. Noticed the water level way DOWN over here from what I remembered, but was confused from what I saw at the launch ramp. Nothing, no bites, on drop shot for an hour. Motored to north side, few coves west of launch ramp. No bites no fish. Went to the east dam, fished with no bites no fish.

No metered fish on my finder. Was trying to figure out the issue.

Decided to go deep and found a few back in Rawson's cove in 30-60 feet of water. Much deeper than I was fishing. That was the problem. When I metered the fish, I caught one.

Continued for a few hours looking deep and ended up catching 4. All 1-2 pounders in 30-50 feet of water. Tough day and tough bite.

Algae was sporadic in the water, but not thick at all.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks for the report. Any boil?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSkunk View Post
    Thanks for the report. Any boil?
    Not a SINGLE one. Sucks.