Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Troutman65's tri-tip Marinade * Updated w Grilling instr.*

Default Troutman65's tri-tip Marinade * Updated w Grilling instr.*

Ok folks. Many requests for this.

I do make my own sauces but when It tastes this good out of the bottle why spend all that time when you can be enjoying yourself doing somthing else.

1 bottle Soy Vay very teriyaki sauce. 22 oz.

1 bottle Stubbb's spicy Bar-B-Q Sauce. 18oz.

These store bought sauces are very good. Each super market will have differant BBQ sauce selection. I have tryed mixing alot of sauces together and I found this combo works great for tri-tip.

Take 1 tri-tip 2 1/2 to 3 lbs

Put tri-tip in one gallon size zip lock type bag.

Pour in a mesuring cup 1/2 bottle of the Soy Vay sauce. 11 oz.
    Pour that into the zip lock bag with the tri-tip.
    pour in a mesuring cup 1/2 bottle Stubb's spicy Bar-B-Q Sauce 8oz.

Close the bag very good. Then I squeese the tri-tip and bag to mix sauces together for a min. or so. You might want to put another bag around this to make sure it don't leak in your frig.

I put into the frig. and let it set. Every day I will pick up the bag and mix it again and turn the tri-tip on the other side.

You can marinate up to the date on the meat package says its good to when you buy the meat.I ended up marinating for 5 days. You want to put the meat in the coldest place in you referif you do it that long.

You can also marinate the meat say for 3 days and then freeze it in a freezer type plastic bag. When your ready to BBQ, just pull out the frozen tri-tip w/ sauce out the night before you BBQ.

I hope you enjoy this sauce as much as I do.

I will post later on how I BBQ tri-tips so they come out so good.

Thanks for all the nice complements

Troutman65

Ok , I perfer charcoal bbqing on a 22'' Webber Kettle BBQ.

What I do is grill using the indirect method. I stack the coals all to one side of the kettle. I use alot of coals . 3/4 of a small bag. I let them ash over then I put the Tri-Tip on the grill and over the hot spot to sear the meat. I do this to seal in the juices of the meat. The fire will flair up thats ok. Turn the meat a few times. This process takes 3 or 4 min. After that I put the Tri-tip off to the cool side of the grill and I put the lid on the bbq. I let the tri-tip grill with the fat side up. This lets the flavoring drip into the meat. Any left over sauce I put into a heat proof bowl and will dip the tri-tip into the sauce a number of times during the cooking process untill all the sauce is gone. I leave the tri-tip cooking between 45 min. to an hour and a half. It depends on on how large the tri-tip is and how hot the fire is. I like to slow cook my tri-tip. I use a meat thermonter to check the temp. When the meat reaches 140* I take it off. I let it rest for 5 to 8 min. This lets the juices redistrubite in the meat. If you don't let it rest and just cut into the meat , all the juices will run out of it. Not good. I cut the tri-tip at an angle and into thin strips.

Propane grilling instructions will follow.

Troutman65

Ok , Propane grilling tri-tip. I get the grill hot . Sear the meat for a few min. Most Propane grills have some kind of rack in the lid of the grill. Thats where you want to put the tri-tip to slow cook . After you sear the meat turn the burners onto low . This method works good if you have the racks in the lid . If there is no racks in your propane grill you can sear the meat on the grill and put it in the oven at 325* and do it that way. It comes out good in the oven too. Just maks sure the meat gets to between 135* and 140 * for med rare in the center of the tri-tip. The ends will be a more well done . If you don't like it that rare then you can cook it til temp reaches 155* till 160*. I personally dont care for my tri-tip to be well done.

I hope this helps everyone out and I hope you all enjoy this at home with your familys.

God bless

Patrick, TM65 Grillin & Chillin
    Last edited by Troutman65; 10-07-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Damn too bad i didnt get to try any out at the Legends event. Couldnt make it out that day. After reading all the posts i feel like i shouldnt have missed it.

Oh well, theres always trout season.

Thanks for the recipe TM65, gotta try that sometime.

Jesse.

it was mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm goood :lol:
    [IMG]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1952/osiitoavatorat7.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6360/38134035pg5.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8875/28244273hx0.jpg[/img][img]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4591/trophiesal2.jpg[/img]

I bet Troutman is catching CATFISH right now at SARL.

The Tri-Tip was primo, dude.

One_Leg

Thanks everyone

Troutman65,
    that was some awesome Tri Tip at the event. Thanks for th sauce, and I hope to drink a few cold ones over a BBQ with you soon!

Capt'n

Troutman your the MAN!!!!

Your Awesome BRO!!

The BEST bbq I had for a while! Thanks for the recipe, I have to try it now!!!!

Budman8

thank you for sharing your recipe!!! now for the cooking instructions and i can throw down some of the best tri-tip i've ever tasted!

U duuuuuuh maaaaaaan!!!!
    :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman:

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N
    Troutman65,
    that was some awesome Tri Tip at the event. Thanks for th sauce, and I hope to drink a few cold ones over a BBQ with you soon!

Capt'n
    Capt'n it was nice to meet you and your son at the Legends event. I hope we can fish together somtime. Fishy Boy has skills at fishing . You must be very proud of him. Your truly blessed.

Troutman65

Quote Originally Posted by nandob25
    thank you for sharing your recipe!!! now for the cooking instructions and i can throw down some of the best tri-tip i've ever tasted!

U duuuuuuh maaaaaaan!!!!
    :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman:

Ok enough of that stuff . Iam getting :oops:

I will edit this post tomorrow with the grilling instructions . I use charcoal and a Webber 22" Kettle bbq. That really has alot to do with the out come of what ever you BBQ. Propain is alittle different but I will give instructions on how to grill a tri-tip on that stlye grill also. I really do prefer charcoal. Sorry for you all having to wait so long.

God bless everyone

Grillin & Chillin

Troutman65

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast