Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 10/19/12 Report

Default 10/19/12 Report

Wanted to some Aqeduct recon this afternoon to locate some of the areas several of the regular posters have been hooking up. Broke out Google Maps and charted a course for the late afternoon. It didn't start off so well as I had a hard time finding the Old River siphon, but I did, but thats all the further I got on Friday. Got started om the East side of Old River at about 4:45pm and fund the water to not moving and still a lot of moss hanging onto the bottom. Bait and waiters have been pulling a lot of moss out! Tossed a KPN for a bit then a bucktail jig for nothing so I moved over the road to the westside and had better luck. I was fishing between the buoy line and the wall/tunnel using a fairly small swim bait. 1st cast and was fish on, a dink, but a fun little fight. 2nd cast WAM, hooked again with another dink. Third cast, WAM BAM no thank you Man, missed him and I stopped getting hits. I moved to the other side, caught two more really quickly and then nada. May try to sneak out for another recon mission to locate a couple of more fishing spots, hopefully ones that are a little less accessible than Old River.

Speaking of Old River - I was embarrassed as a fisherman to see all the trash, broken beer bottles and beer cans left by dumb a**es who can ruin it for those of us that pack out what we pack in so that the State doesn't decide to lock us out! You know who you are, so pick up your trash! Of course, maybe they don't read this forum ............

Although they were all 12-14", they were a blast to catch. Here some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101912-1.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	37576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101912-2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	37577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101912-3.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	37578   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101912-4.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	37579  

It's a nice spot fishing there , I caught a few over 19" there on the west side of old river on the south side of the aqueduct where the water goes under the road . I usually take what I need and know that I won't leave nothing behind we should all pick up our trash .