Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Antonio 10/16 Striper Report

Quote Originally Posted by joejoe77 View Post
    Got to get out with my boy Nong yesterday. It was warmer than I thought it would be, hit the water around 3pm, temp around 80ish. Water temp at 67. We cruised around hit up the chalk cliffs, 3 Fingers and Bee Rock nothing really happening. We cruised over by the mouth of Harris Creek, saw alot of birds so we figured something would happen. Then sure as **** around 5pm we hit a few open water boils. They were spread far out and sparatic I got a few hits but missed. Nong pulled in a very nice 9lber. Then around 6pm another one kicked off right across from the Harris launch. Again I got hit and missed and Nong reeled in an awesome 10 lb 12 oz Striper. Both fish were relased. Good day on the water just not my day. But it was promising to see the boil bite still kicking off. I have some pics Ill upload later.

Good Luck!

Joe Joe
    Congratz to your son! Have you been out again since?

Thanks for the report, Joejoe! I appreciate the info & details. And Congrats to Nong for landing a couple solid stripers!
    I'm guilty of lurkin FNN, mostly for San Antone info. And I've benefited from that info so I figured it was time to give back or say Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Joe and you central coast boys, I see ya post on the local board there. Its unfortunate those guys are no help. With all due respect your neighbors on the CC, whether salt or fresh really need to loosen up.
    If you're talking about the bass fishing site--those guys don't fish stripers. So I'm not surprised they glossed over Joejoe's fantastic report. In fact, there's not a lot of people fishing SA for stripers at all. I think that's why there seems to be a lack of reports/info online. I've been camping & fishing SA for about 10yrs now and most of the people I meet there are from the south land. So it's not necessarily due to tight lipped fishermen on the CC. If anybody ever wants an update on SA, send me a msg. I got hella CC pride, but I ain't no bogart hahaha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12