Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio 10/16 Striper Report

Default San Antonio 10/16 Striper Report

Got to get out with my boy Nong yesterday. It was warmer than I thought it would be, hit the water around 3pm, temp around 80ish. Water temp at 67. We cruised around hit up the chalk cliffs, 3 Fingers and Bee Rock nothing really happening. We cruised over by the mouth of Harris Creek, saw alot of birds so we figured something would happen. Then sure as **** around 5pm we hit a few open water boils. They were spread far out and sparatic I got a few hits but missed. Nong pulled in a very nice 9lber. Then around 6pm another one kicked off right across from the Harris launch. Again I got hit and missed and Nong reeled in an awesome 10 lb 12 oz Striper. Both fish were relased. Good day on the water just not my day. But it was promising to see the boil bite still kicking off. I have some pics Ill upload later.

Good Luck!

Joe Joe

Right on joe

Wish I could get out there.
    I need to practice my trolling technique.

Great report,,,,,,,THANKS

Thanks for the report. congrats Nong.

I guess they're still where they were last month.

Thanks JoeJoe...Great report!

Joe and you central coast boys, I see ya post on the local board there. Its unfortunate those guys are no help. With all due respect your neighbors on the CC, whether salt or fresh really need to loosen up.

The disdain for valley boys and LA boys gets in my craw.

Thanks to p tom, joe, spops and the other guy I forget his name.. thanks guys for helping us with some local intel. Were here to help back at ya..

Yea Cut I agree. Ive only been bassfishing for the past year and a half and I post cause I know how frustrating it can be to get out there and not know what youre doing. Luckily I work with Nong and hes a helluva fisherman. I did get very little help from the other board. But theres been alot of help, especially with the stripers, on here. From cutbait, plummertom, letthembleedgary, snops, trailblazer; Ive gotten some great info and have been pretty successful this year. I post on here to try to help someone get out there and catch. The locals up here dont give out alot of info, alot of them are tourney guys maybe thats it. But I dont care. If any of you valley/LA guys come out for a weekend, let me know and Ill try to come out with you. We can fish and drink a few beers. If I can get my trim motor working Ill be back out this weekend.

Good Luck Fellas
    Joe

I always try and forward what I learn when I do get out. Even I only learn what isn't working.
    It's always been my intention to promote fishing and I believe the best way is to help others catch fish.
    I've long been a cat fisher and have learned that catmen (and women) tend to be a gregarious lot. I think it comes from spending long nights doing the bait and wait thing. It's a lot more fun to have someone to hang with while waiting on Mr. Whiskers to come along. I've been out a lot of nights in groups that the few (or less) cats caught ended up being secondary to the party that developed.
    Unfortunately, my financial situation doesn't allow me to get out nearly as much as I'd like and far less than what I planed when relocating here. The huge increase in fuel costs being a great deterrent from going every week.
    I still like reading what others are doing and it helps keep me up to date in the event I get to go.
    So please, continue to post your reports and I'll do like wise whenever I can.
    We'll slay them jailbirds next trip, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Joe and you central coast boys, I see ya post on the local board there. Its unfortunate those guys are no help. With all due respect your neighbors on the CC, whether salt or fresh really need to loosen up.

The disdain for valley boys and LA boys gets in my craw.

Thanks to p tom, joe, spops and the other guy I forget his name.. thanks guys for helping us with some local intel. Were here to help back at ya..
    like i told TB a long long time ago, if ever someone is coming up here from kinda far away, shoot me a PM and if i've been out, ill answer any questions you've got. I'm from Sacramento so theres no CC pride here. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast