Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skinner 10-13 and 10-16

Default Skinner 10-13 and 10-16

I have a friend who fishes with me a few times a month and he always seems to jinx me. He was out with me on Saturday and we got a big ol' smelly skunk. I had company comming on Sunday and I was determined to serve up some striper ceviche for apetizers. We casted and trolled all morning. All my best spots. NADA.

I went back today (tuesday) and was able to pick off 6. Same trolling rig same areas. Figures. From what I can tell they are starting to spread out. Maybe with the weed dieoff the shad are moving around more since they don't have as much cover? The bites I did get were with evil intentions. They didn't swat at the lure, no short strikes, when they hit it they swallowed the 5" swimmies all the way in. Only lost 1 fish to a broken leader at the boat.

So, water is still real high and inlet not running much. That's all folks!

Thanks Pat. I might go out there on Sunday.

By then the temps are supposed to drop by almost 15 degrees and cloudy. Bite might get crazy good by then.

little moon + cloudy and cool, sounds like I may have to make a visit this weekend.
    Glad you were able to get some meat, after what sounds like a pretty dull day on the weekend. How bad is the salad, is trolling very feasible right now Pat?

Just stay out of the east end(s) and you'll be fine. There is some debris floating around that might foul a rig but not too bad.

Any word on the lmb bite? I want to get out there on Friday

Thanks for the report PAW. I haven't been to Skinner much since last fall, but it is a priority coming soon. I'll do some striper fishing, but mostly the largies. But they will all bite the flukes when that water starts boiling!!!

Not much LMB intel from me. Seeing silly, ridiculous numbers of baby bass around. So many in fact that it has to be a major feed source for both bigger LMB and striper too.

Thanks for the info pat! Will you be out there Friday?

no, but the weekend is a pretty good bet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast