Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: stripers in tha lagoon.....................

I say Photoshop. If you look at the contrast of the fisherman and the contrast of the water, there is a slight difference and also a hard edge. Also the crop work around the tail and fins of the striper...not too clean. Just my two cents from a professional designer who knows a thing or two about Photoshop. But don't let this stop you from chasing stripers in the lagoon LOL!

And lastly...notice the resolution of the fisherman/fish vs. the lifeguard/background. There is a huge pixel difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    And lastly...notice the resolution of the fisherman/fish vs. the lifeguard/background. There is a huge pixel difference between the two.
    I spotted some rather square pixels on the right side of his shirt where it meets the water. Magnify this area and you can see it

Quote Originally Posted by bassRon View Post

Ok I took a photography class in my undergrad studies and know for a fact that this is photoshopped for several reasons…

1. his knuckles of his left hand are behind the fish….

2. based on the position of his right hand his thumb is either sticking into it's mouth through the side or he can stretch his thumb around the fish's mouth

3. the shadow on his shirt doesn't match the shadow of the fish

4. they didn't adjust the contrast of the fish because the fish is lit up so bright it's ridiculous compared to everything else and the lighting on the fish is wrong based on where the sun is reflecting off the dude's forehead (and you can actually see it in his glasses)

5. the tail is slightly pixelated and whoever did the crop job did a horrible job on the tail because you can see odd spots that don't match the color of the tail or water

it was a pretty good attempt but a failed one nonetheless.

however, I do agree with a lot of people that I'm sure their are some striper in that lagoon from people introducing it in to the water or for some other reason… there may not be a lot of them or any big ones but there is probably at least one in there somewhere

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

nice catch! i believe it. i bet it was exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Why dont they stock the lower lagoon anymore ??
    A whole nutha’ issue altogether but it’s due to the thought that there is a potential thread to the steelhead spawn since the outflow of the lagoon could potentially meet the ocean…causing a potential breeding of stocked trout with the steelhead..

Proposterous on too many levels to list….some pencil pushers theories put into law…

It’s nothing short of a joke but I wouldn’t count on any stocking for quite some time if ever…

They even stopped stocking the upper for quite a while when that all began…they thought the trout would make it from the upper…to the goon and then the ocean…

FAIL…

It’s a joke but not easy to lobby the legislation to change it…

just had a thought...maybe the angler who caught it could provide additional photos....

here is another pic for all you non believers

That lifeguard must have a sore thumb from all the thumb's up he gave this fish.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast