Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tough day at castaic, sunday

Default Tough day at castaic, sunday

Hit Castaic, went on the troll again. Didn't see any boils. Was hoping for some action since the reports from the week looked good. However, looking at the barometric pressure, it has shot up real fast in the last day and the temp soared back to the 90's. Around 12 noon, the wind picked up hard. Controllin the boat was very tough. There were times i was all the way to the right or left and not even turning due to the winds.

About 2pm the winds died down a little, however no fish in sight.

I did meter lots of fish in the 60-80 foot range between east and west ramp, but couldn't get any of those to commit.

Just wasn't really my day, but still a day on the water.

Metered fish here and there, but nothing hit. Spoke to others on the lake, but didn't hear of any success. Any others here make it on Sunday? How was the bite for you?

Last edited by flyhigh123; 10-14-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Fished from shore today. Started at the main ramp (dam) and moved to the west ramp. Only seen sporadic LMB boils. At around 3:30 PM, there was a sizeable boil in the middle of the lake. Tough fishing today for sure. My buddies and I could not find the stripeys.

I hit the lake at 7 metered fish all over at 50 to 60 ft nothing would hit.left at 2 skunked...after loosing my prop in dry gulch!!! thank god for Minn kota hahah

I'm sorry to hear that you got the old skunk. Latthe bright side, striper like scented baits. You're ready foot the next trip.

It's no wonder the fishing is tough, I'm seeing so much bait in the water on the fish finder. It's like a living fish soup.

I was there as well. Pulled right through that 60-80' range for a few hours and nothing. Maybe we need to change up what we're pulling through there? Got out just before the winds picked up, no luck for me either!

I too was there yesterday but no love. I did get to see a fnn celebrity though "feel the steel" gary. I searched and searched but like everybody else they were too deep for my presentation. I wanted to troll but bass pro let me down way down. The reel I wanted was no longer being stocked at the rancho location! really shimano tekota line counter not in stock. I wanted to troll and put my skills that have I learned from T.O but what can you do. I did managed to harrass the largies with the imfamous castmaster but I really wanted to murder some strypies. Then the wind picked up and it was time to go and watch my niners which was another let down