Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: san luis today 10/9/12

Default san luis today 10/9/12

made a solo trip to san luis today got there at 6 thinking i had to wait intell 6:45when the sun came up but the gate was already open and boats were launching in the dark.

got the boat ready gear in place it was 6:20 as i backed in,
    little wind this morning but does not take much to make san luis have 2-3 feet swells, i was tested since this was my first solo launch. but pulled it off.

off i went to the trash racks to see if the water was pumping, unlike castaic you can get right up to were the water is pumped here.
    no water was pumping, but marked big schools all over.
    trolled all along the dam for nothing, still 2 foot swells and windy so ran across to dinosaur point. put in the trolling rigs and 3 min later bam fish on but lost him at the boat. drop again and before i can get the rod in the rod holder fish on get him in hes 17.5 inch dam this aint pyramid so back he goes.

drop again 2 min later bam fish on this one 18 but let him go in hope of somthing bigger since my limit is 2

troll around for 15 more min nothing so off i go 20 min later get a 12 inch dink, work for about another hour then i come in to this cove then i see it. BOIL.
    these fish were right up on the shore i mean pretty much beaching them self. crazy.
    the boil went on for 10 min i took 7 out of it all 17 to 20 inches.

heres another

sorry hand in the way.

boil went down but the fish were all around water was only 10 feet deep so while i waited to see if they come back up i decided to troll i only droped back 80 feet and since it was a small cove i trolled in a circle then bam i cought this small guy

boil came back up as i was taking him off rushed back over and took another 6 all the same 17 to 20 inches. kept my limit only 2.
    called a day left them boiling as i could see looking back. good day 17 total for the day.
    as i was getting rebanded the guy told me a 40 pounder was caught sunday.

FOUR T Lber

DK,, you da man,,, this is the first, i mean first SAn LuiS post I have ever seen!!!

THanks Man,,, Very promising...

Keep the rigs quite from the locals up there if ya will? Those stripers won't ever know what hits them when the FNN Striper crew show up

i was asked what i was trolling at the cleaning station i said rattle trap. LMAO im not telling
    Last edited by dk4885; 10-10-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Thats right d/k stick to the stripey code dont tell the bitches nada ,i always tell em b/s,,,,,,,,,,way to slay,,,,,,,

Nice job DK!!!
    Wish I could've got the day off to kill some stripies with u!!
    Cant wait to get up there Friday and get my hands on some boil fish!!

San Luis is always fun!!! I visit it often when i come see the in-laws up there in Clovis. I've seen huge monster stripeys come outta there. Flukes and bomber lures work great there... Congrats on the slay.

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wtg dk

NICE! good job out there

Nice catch striper killer!

A Rattle Trap would probably have worked in the boil. lol

Way ta go brutha man....way ta solo slay

We spoke of a run sooner that later...one of these days I'll be rolling out that way for a 3 dayer...

Nice work

BUT

Someone landed a large fish the day b4 ?

HOW MANY LBS WAS IT ?????????????????

Again....congrats

They need to change that 2 fish limit...the 18" is fine but they need to up the daily bag : (

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast