Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Crucial pairing!

Default Crucial pairing!

Hi guys. First, thanks to all who replied to my last thread re baitcasting reels. To update you, I bought an Abu Black Max2 and spooled it with braid contrary to the advice given to buy higher end and not use braid to learn on. Suffice it to say, you guys were correct in buying a higher end reel and I spent alot of time at the bird's home. Once I got used to the set-up, I bought a chronarch and spooled this with white Izor braid. I am getting much more proficient.

Now, currently, I have the chrony paired with a 7 foot 2 inch convergence rod. I like the rod, but it is what it is -- a $60 rod. I would like a little more sensitivity at the tip and a little more back bone so that I can try targeting something other than large perch. I am planning to throw primarily LC's. I like what I see and read about the Crucial rods from Shimano.

Give me your wisdom and thoughts on whether to make the Crucial my next rod.

Thanks in advance!

I have a few crucials... Love them all. Light, sensitive, great backbone. Great warranty as well. I have some older cork handle split grips that i like better than the newer black handle split grips. They just feels better to me. You won't regret buying one.