Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10-5 report,,, sorta report

Default 10-5 report,,, sorta report

My Tuna captn had some work done there at Lakeside by Gideon on his Yammy's..

Capn suggested we test run her at the lake and troll... LETS GO!!

So we pick the rig up {26 ft striper} and sure enough problems fixed but the twin engines throttle postions were not in sync...

Keep in mind we arrive and get on the water at 1030 am... We pick up the mechanic "lester" {super cool cat}... work and work on the engines, call for tools, etc..
    Long story short, we trolled about 2 hrs, inbetween trouble shooting for one fish... Did make it to the bouy line and OH HELL were they boiling behind it...Water pumpin in like Bob's shorts after his wet dreams... dead shad all over, stripers laughing as they boil in safety...

Water got super rough, 3-4 foot swells,,, no problem for this boat!!! was the smoothest ride I have ever been on that rig! Bass boats had to turn around, everyone else headed in.. but uss!!!!!!!

Putting the boat on the trailer was a snap for the capn,, lifeguards expected some rookies out there and came to help only to walk away acknowledging our skills at trailering in such rough conditions..

I do have a very funny story about this day, though it is about another board member and a good friend.. I cannot tell it without permission from him first. It seems he may be a bit embarrassed... LOL... Come on man, gimme the permission!!!! You know who you are!

Heres some pics..

Get that thing back to MONTERY and get some more tuna!

Heard M/O was out there that day,,,,did you see him

TRAIL BLAZER

Oh I saw him alright

Default Carpboy and drinkthepink

only thing pumpin more than that water comin in is you and gary out behind the ole pumphouse up on the duct in the dark,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

I was out on the kayak that day. Rough water indeed, lol. Took ages to paddle back in. Got me all grumpy.

Caught 4 lmb, not a single good one. Largest around 2 1/2 and noticed that weather wasn't getting any
    Better any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Coefficient13 View Post
    I was out on the kayak that day. Rough water indeed, lol. Took ages to paddle back in. Got me all grumpy.

Caught 4 lmb, not a single good one. Largest around 2 1/2 and noticed that weather wasn't getting any
    Better any time soon.
    I saw you when we were headed home.

Thought to myself that is one crazy mofo

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Oh I saw him alright
    hahahaha ... Go Ahead beeetch! Tell the story! I Still caught feeesh! :) And at least I'm proud to say my boat don't sink! ahhhhhaaaaahhhaaaa Funny Chit!

Ron could chime in too.

wind was blowing....
    Last edited by MikesOcean; 10-08-2012 at 08:18 PM.

dam nice boat, i want to here the story please tell.LOL

ill be out at san luis tomorrow will post good or bad

Ok, so MikesOcean was in contact all day... He was on a slay....

You see the wind waves in the photo's I posted.. 2-3 ft swells atleast...Well as we were monitoring M/O position and success on the troll as we trollers do.. We were around Kong Island with MO up at C point.. I see him headed to the ramp then abruptly 180 back at us directly into the swell...

Oh he hooked up!!! I said!! Cpoint is happening

Then as we troll to the point I see him sorta disappear and reappear between wind waves.. Next thing I see is him headed back to the ramp..

I **** you not his boat looked like this from his 6 oclock position,, keep in mind I'm 1/2 mile away and everything wasn't to clear

No exaggeration it looked like this

So we roll up on C point as I watch MO "sail" back to the ramp, thinking WTF is he trimmed down soo much for??

We hit C point and nada, getting late in the day we decide to head in.. I clear the lines and we head in...

STILL MO is not to the dock.. WTF??

We hit the 5 mph bouy and I see Fishinone, the lifeguard and dudes in wetsuits holding onto MO's boat.. WTF??

We roll up and MO's boat has about 2 feet of water in it. Come to find out when he hooked up and 180'ed into the swell he took wave after wave over the bow and was sitting butt deep in water IN HIS BOAT!!!!...

The boat had SOOOOO much water in it the waves were crashing over the bow thru the boat and over the transom...

Some how he managed to turn around and drive back to the dock like this

Look at the **** we saw when we pulled in.. Thats Fishinone and Loweboat on MikesOceans boat

Crestiners DO NOT SINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When he pulled the boat on the trailer and out of the water, water rushed outta the boat over the transom, I picked up some other videos of MO on the water I will add later

Here is a quick vid of when MikesOcean first got his boat,, needless to say I was a bit leary going fishing with him

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast