hit the lake today. fish are definitely in transition. air temp and water temp have started to cool. as you can tell by the fog we've been getting. the fish should be getting thick in the east ends.

started off on the south shore working some productive tule lines. first cast with the CL8 5" clacker i got mangled by a striper. little guy only a couple of pounds. 18" -20"i pushed the arm out so you guys could get a glimpse of the bait. damn stripers dont stop moving!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cl888.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	37401

second cast get bit again ; striper about the same size 18"-20"

third cast again; same thing, another cookie cutter.

what the hell? haha. put the trolling motor on high to get away from them. finally worked down a tule stretch pretty close and decided to drop the 5" clacker and pick up the CL8 CB7". threw down the perfect tule line and right when the bait gets to this little point BAM!

yep.... another striper! same thing, nothing out of control; only a couple of pounds. What the F!!!? you can tell by my expression that im pissed same thing; pushed the bait and fish out so you guys can check them out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cl8888.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	37402

started jamming down the bank on full making specific casts here and there just to get away from them with nada.

switched locations; nada.

north shore; nada

east end; nada

ended up scratching fish on the swimbait here and there a little later but nothing of size. not even worthy of a picture. i know there are a lot of striper heads here so i figure id give you guys a heads up that the fish are packed up chasing right now.

i remember last year the bite did the same thing right before it went stupid. the morning was a total drop shot bite throwing 4"zoom watermelon candy worms then picking up the jerkbait and spinnerbait in the afternoon when the wind blew. i would pray every trip for the wind because without it ; it was flat out boring as hell! when the shad birds started invading the east end that signaled the fun bite. get up in the shallows and throw to your hearts content. i still think we're still early. 2 or 3 weeks and it will be epic.

all in all the bite sucked for me. no big fish and not much for numbers. didnt want to throw anything other than the swimmer so i stayed with a dead pattern for the day. oh well.