Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Bombshell Turtle lure-Review, Photos and Video-Soft Plastic Turtle Lure for bass

1. Default Bombshell Turtle lure-Review, Photos and Video-Soft Plastic Turtle Lure for bass

A while back someone posted this advertisement for the Bombshell Turtle lure here at FNN:

I picked up a few and threw them for a bit at one of my favorite ponds. Didn't end up catching anything but made a few observations. The lure is pretty durable but is almost too stiff-doesn't have much action in the water. A few people have written it off as yet another Banjo-Minnow-style product. I don't think it's quite as terrible, nor as overly priced, but it definitely doesn't move around in the water as well as I would like. I hadn't heard of this lure until it was mentioned at FNN, just wanted to provide a little follow up impression on it in case anyone is interested!

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCCpUs8Rb5g

Full write up on blog: Hunting the River King
    Last edited by carpanglerdude; 10-07-2012 at 10:17 PM.

What you can try is to drop them in a cup of boiling water and leave it in for 30 to 60 seconds or so. This will soften them up and the legs will have more action. The green and orange one caught my eye and I think I know a couple places were they just might work. (And no, I'm not talking about Barrett.)

I would fish these like a craw, just crawl them around..

I can see one error with this lure, those curly tails are not positioned correctly.

They should be pointing backwards. That way those tails will kick correctly..

Look at these culprit incredi-craws.. see how the curly tails on it are?

If the legs on those turtles were like this, and pointed backward, those things would slay!

IMO, it would be better if the legs on the turtle werent curly tails at all, really. More like straight-tail worms. THAT would be sweet.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    I would fish these like a craw, just crawl them around..

I can see one error with this lure, those curly tails are not positioned correctly.

They should be pointing backwards. That way those tails will kick correctly..

Look at these culprit incredi-craws.. see how the curly tails on it are?

If the legs on those turtles were like this, and pointed backward, those things would slay!

IMO, it would be better if the legs on the turtle werent curly tails at all, really. More like straight-tail worms. THAT would be sweet.
    I agree! This is exactly what I was thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    I agree! This is exactly what I was thinking!
    ALSO.

I think this kind of lure would shine alot more as a floating/suspending hardbait with teensey weensey little square-bill on it, after all, turtles do like to suspend juuuuuust under the surface.

Make the flippers hinged, kinda like how a hard swimbait is, ya know?

I always like seeing innovative lures, the creator of this would have done alot better with more foresight, but then again, the biz of catching fishermen.
    Last edited by smokehound; 10-08-2012 at 01:28 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    ALSO.

I think this kind of lure would shine alot more as a floating/suspending hardbait with teensey weensey little square-bill on it, after all, turtles do like to suspend juuuuuust under the surface.

Make the flippers hinged, kinda like how a hard swimbait is, ya know?

I always like seeing innovative lures, the creator of this would have done alot better with more foresight, but then again, the biz of catching fishermen.
    Expect an updated review soon. Apparently, they've changed out materials and modified the arms on new versions.