Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Flippin on the East

Default Flippin on the East

Went to Perris this morning and worked the east side tree/brush line, mostly with Berkeley craw but also threw a live target frog for awhile. I missed a good fish on the frog, he took it and ran and my heavy pole bent quick and i hesitated just a second then went to set the hook and he already had let go thinking about it after i should have set the hook the instant my pole start to bend since obviously he wasnt just pulling the legs... thats the second frog fish i blew the set! The rest of the time was flippin the craw and landed this beauty my first 5+er at 5.4lbs.... it felt good to land that one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-06_09-54-56_510-1.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	37385
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-06_09-54-56_510-2.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	37386  
    Last edited by Rmac; 10-06-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Way to go Rudy! Nice one. Yeah fishing those frogs takes a little practice on knowing when to set. I've missed several nice ones too. Hey did you get my PM?

Nice fish man... WTG! Those topwater bites catch you off guard sometimes.....

Congrats on your first 5lber!

nice fiiish! u in mo val?

Very nice fish WTG man! I haven't had any luck on the summer bite

Congrats on your 5lbs fish...WTG!!

Thanks guys, yea i went out with some experienced friends and i was suprized when they said we were going to the brush line and not deep water, they caught 2 each and missed some too. Of course i had the back of the boat so we were cracking up that i got that fish on 2nds. LOL