Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pyramid Lake -UNDER THE STARS - Night Fishing Sat Oct 27th

Well?
    Any reports?

I got skunked. Got a little bit wet and as it started to cool down I kinda lost the groove I thought I was gonna rock.

I got my lures in front of fish, they didn't care for them. Varied retrieves and troll speeds, no deal.

Even did the waggle the kayak deal where you paddle twice on one side then twice on the other slowly, which gives the lures a good lurch - > pause... no deal.

Was headed in for another coffee and to perhaps nab a trout. Couldn't find my trout lures in my car, think they're still with my backpacking stuff. The trout wouldn't take the trout worms. So fail there too.

Dragged a worm along the side of the shallow area in front of launch, and diagonally across some structure from the docks towards the no boats area. Few other spots, no largemouth either.

Was a bit dryer, so trolled again. No dice. Back to launch feeling pretty tired. Gary offers me a bait for these trout. I remember how hard it is to keep a bait still while keeping a tight line in a kayak, lol.

Pretty out, saw some night herons or green herons, an owl, hope there are many more. There was better turn out than I expected. I saw 2 fish caught, looked like a good catfish and a small bass.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789