Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: lobster hoopin

Default lobster hoopin

Hi hoopers. Went last night and did some hoopin in 28 ft around exposed stucture using mackeral and sardines from the freezer. We had 5 legals by 745 and ended the night with 13 by 1130. Threw back at least a dozen clickers and had to move away from the crabs a few times. T-shirts and board shorts all night. On a side note mackeral were easy to make after excessive chumming a few sardines that would have ate the huge sardines we've been taking offshore as well. sorry no pictures j/k

Made it worth the drive to see this alone the rest was just icing

First pull results

Had to switch to the under deck hold

What a way to start the season,very nice! Thanks for the report and pics.

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks for your report. I was wondering when we would begin to see reports. Would you mind giving us the general area.... Doesn't look like long beach?

Quote Originally Posted by JL View Post
    Would you mind giving us the general area?

lmao. i sent a pm jl. Thats the old stomping ground dockrat. I feel silly spending a 100 bucks to tow my boat down and fish the harbor these days, and my kidneys and liver were glowing from the harbor bugs j/k. I learned lots about lobster fishing from this board and wanted to say hello

Awesome catch!
    You found the lobsters in 28 ft range this early part of the season; what have you learned about their depth migrations during the season?
    I've struggled this year in my traditional areas.
    Last edited by Geraldlim; 11-04-2012 at 05:53 AM.