Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Hook Removal Methods.

Thumbs up Emergency Hook Removal Methods.

Sooner or later you are going to get a hook stuck in part of your body. Ask me how I know. A good resource for the methods of hook removal can be found here.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2001/0601/p2231.html
    Last edited by Wingnut; 10-03-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Title

Good illustrations.......thanks

CL SmooV your welcome. Had a little accident with the fish hook thing myself today at home no less. Instead of a trip to Urgent Care I did a Google search and came up with the web site. Hey it worked, some blood, some pain, no tears. lol.

You may have heard don't try to catch a falling knife, well don't try to catch a falling lure either.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    CL SmooV your welcome. Had a little accident with the fish hook thing myself today at home no less. Instead of a trip to Urgent Care I did a Google search and came up with the web site. Hey it worked, some blood, some pain, no tears. lol.

You may have heard don't try to catch a falling knife, well don't try to catch a falling lure either.
    My favorite method is to simply push the barb back out, and remove it barb-first, so the eye easily slides out.

It will hurt like a #$%&* though. But at the same time, less damage.

Hook removing tools.
    DR

Wow that is brutal, mine was minor, minor, minor by comparison. How much whiskey did ya have to have for that one and did ya have a bullet to bite on?

Lol, Photobucket.com
    Keywords; hook finger

Thanks for the info that we all hope we never have to use. A friend of mine recently got a hook in the tip of his finger while removing a Lucky Craft from a calico bass. He tried to pull it out with pliers with no success but had a sudden flash of inspiration and tried backing it out while rotating it; basically unscrewing it out of his finger. He said it popped right out with minimal pain. It might be worth a try if all else fails.

omg, i thought these days were lost in my mind forever =/

Funny this thread got pulled up today, I'll be sure to send it to my buddy Eddy after this weekend at Irvine! (DOHHH!)

TD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast