Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: finally the boil closed to shore

Default finally the boil closed to shore

After several weeks searching, looking, and waiting for the boil at the shore line. Finally I see the light of the end tunnel this morning....
    Came to Castaic as usual after the night shift. This time instead of waiting in line, I parked my car at Galion and took a short nap. There was no hurry because it was just like the usual, went back home with empty hand

Today was different, as soon as I pulled the car to the parking lot, got out looked around. There was a big school of shad....very big one... about 300 yard from where I stood. Then it started to jump....I popped up my trunk pull out my rod and ran down there. Damn it's rough terrain, rocks...got to the shore line...the water was down...here came the soft soil to run....now it was 150 yard on my right. I was thinking about to run over there but wonder some people said let the boil comes to you don't run to them, eventually they will come back. However, I have been waiting for this moment very long time, I will run to them this time...forget about let them come back.....ran....ran....ran...

first cast...fish on for 2 second then unhooked........ second cast...na...na...then 3rd cast bam bam...fish on. I could have winding fast and go for another one but I wanted to enjoy this moment hahaha..slowly...slowly she came to the shore. There were a couple of boils little farther but I was done for the morning....tired and sleepy...

Here come my first shore fishing at the boil this year. She is fat...I guess about 4 lbs. I will come back tomorrow.

thanks for reading
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0324 dated.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	37351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0325 dated.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	37352  

Good job. Nice fatty there...

Nice Job, and I admire your persistence. Those boiling fish are fun to catch on those KPN lures. Congrats..........

Congrat's my friend.

You have surely put in the time to get that one.

Good job, man. Glad it felt good. Sounds like the catch lived up to the build up.

Great job congrats

lucky bastard

nice catch, were they boiling by the dam or toward the bait shop?

Anyone see shad near the shore this year? Or is this year just a weird year?

they came now...go get the stripers