Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Best SUV/crossover?

Default Best SUV/crossover?

The wife and I are looking for a new 2013 vehicle that can fit us and our two Golden Retrievers in. (and some fishing stuff, naturally.) We want a smaller SUV or "crossover" that has rear fold-down seats for the dogs. We like the Mazda CX-5, Ford Escape, Nisson Rogue, Hyundai Santa Fe, and the Toyota Rav4, but have not driven any of these yet. Does anyone own one of these cars or have any positive/negative comments about them or what we should be looking at?

Nissan Rouge is good, pass on the Santa Fe.
    DR

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and love it. Just saying Jeff and it has been on many desert off road trips with no problem., and our 4 dogs love it too. Remember the time we went to Lake Perris together in it.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    The wife and I are looking for a new 2013 vehicle that can fit us and our two Golden Retrievers in. (and some fishing stuff, naturally.) We want a smaller SUV or "crossover" that has rear fold-down seats for the dogs. We like the Mazda CX-5, Ford Escape, Nisson Rogue, Hyundai Santa Fe, and the Toyota Rav4, but have not driven any of these yet. Does anyone own one of these cars or have any positive/negative comments about them or what we should be looking at?
    funny, my grandparents are looking at the same exact cars right now. I don't know why dockrat said pass on the santa fe, but its a pretty good car. I sorta like the Toyota highlander, the toyota venza is a pretty nice car, even though its a car. But it has the space of a crossover.

Go for the Subaru Forester.

I second the forester. I am in the business a sales manager at a suabru dealer in glendale. and i get to drive every make and model out there and nothing compares to the enginering of a subaru. you will give up a little gas mileage due tot the awd. but nothing holds it value better. just look at autotrader and compare the price of a used one to the new and you will see what i am talking about. there will also not be many in used as people that buy subarus buy them becasue they know that it will last forever and they hang on to them. even the placement of the oil filter is well thought out. You sould highly consider looking at the forester. any questions let me know.

The Hyundai's seem to be to be made cheaper. Drove some new ones off a ship and the stick models made noise when you push the clutch, resale not as good too. Couple years back, should be better now.
    The Subaru would be my choice.
    DR