Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood Dam 9/28 AM

Default Silverwood Dam 9/28 AM

M@M & I went up to the dam at about 6 AM. We fished top water and bait. Bait was covered with moss, when we reeled in our baited line it looked like cousin IT on the Munsters. Did not get any love on top water. Left the lake after 9 AM with the . I think I may have to make my friend my avatar.
    Last edited by Jig-Guy; 09-29-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    M@M & I went up to the dam at about 6 AM. We fished top water and bait. Bait was covered with moss, when we reeled in our baited line it looked like cousin IT on the Munsters. Did not get any love on top water. Left the lake after 9 AM with the . I think I may have to make my friend my avatar.

slowed down alot im had one blow up on topwater other then that i skunked the other night

It's tanked for some reason all over the lake, maybe they have gone deep with the bait killing the shoreline bite. I have yet to see much bait in shallow.

i hit it by boat 9/27, we caught a few baby strippers, but i mean dinks. not even 5 inches. nothing. i was CNRing a limit, along with a limit of keepers 1 week before. don't know what happened. they didn't all get caught, there are just way to many of them.

Went out 9/26 in the tube with a friend. Both of us skunked. We worked chamois all the way to the inlet for nada. Seal's right, the silversides weren't along the shoreline however the baby 3-4" bass were around. There was a little bit of topwater however it was few and far between. I had a few short strikes on the fly and my boy had the same on his spinning set up. My guess is with Seal, they're deep most likely at the famous 40 and 80 foot depths along with the white bait. Another thing, the pumps were barely bubbling at the inlet-I think that this has a lot to do with striper feeding patterns.
    Last edited by stocker; 09-30-2012 at 05:40 PM.

full moon has the fish all f'd up right now, plus high barometric pressure. 2 weeks and the bite will be crazy again.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    full moon has the fish all f'd up right now, plus high barometric pressure. 2 weeks and the bite will be crazy again.
    You got it (I hope!).

By the way there were boils tonight.....