Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: price increase opinions

[QUOTE=DEVOREFLYER;753127]
    Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    This would be nice, however impossible to police. Everyone would eventually enter and buy a bass pass. Unless they higher tons more patrols, there's no way to keep everyone honest.[/QUOTE]

Sad but true statement.
    I know, I'd go to the vine more often if I could fish for bass (and only bass) for a discount. I know I'd be honest, but it wouldn't take long for people to take advantage...

I keep hearing that prices are going up. Transportation costs (fuel/gas) is a primary factor that impacts inflation, but currently gas is very low in comparison to previous years, yet the cost "MUST" go up to cover expenses. Really?? Maybe it is necessary for an increase in the gate fees, but the timing is off. It is $2 now, another $2 for the summer. It will be whatever the public will tolerate. When there is resistance, the prices will level off. Once there are no longer long lines at the gate, ownership with take notice. I am in no way suggesting that people stop going to Irvine or any other pay lake, simply pointing out some basic economics.
    Disneyland gets over $100 and people are lining up. Expect the prices to increase. Disney's justification was they are trying to " improve the overall experience". By jacking up the prices fewer people with come each day. That was a quote I read in the OC Register and it stuck with me.

If we are going to complain, I want to complain about the prices of bait. Holy cow, Salmon eggs almost $5/jar. Powerbait is the same. And why people post on this site using their phones that don't have some type of spell check. I don't want to read (translate) your rubbish. That is directed at the goof that started this thread. Really Dyno, no spell check. Feel free to go back and edit all the errors.
    Last edited by Joshua; 01-03-2015 at 07:14 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567